1. SiIencio's rating of the film North Sea Texas

Annoying weak plot along with anodyne mutted characters suffering from a glaring lack of depth, this film only catches the eye thanks to the beautiful photography, a knack for colour and sweet compositions. Honesty is up-front and Defurne never intended too much but to leave his small mark in the LGBT filmography.

2. McOpinionated's rating of the film North Sea Texas

The minor character Sabrina grows up before our eyes – I loved her performance. Generally this was a classic coming of age drama with some adolescent sexual self-discovery thrown in, via a triangle with Pim, the main character, his friend Gino, and his sister Sabrina. Working class 1970s Flemish setting gives this a strong sense of identity. (I didn't notice the comedy.)

3. Hugo Sypniewski-D'Argantel's rating of the film North Sea Texas

Pretty, naive and predictable story, which I surprisingly enjoyed to follow. Maybe due to several relations with my own early life's experiences. Nicely shaped characters, good cinematography and sharp dialogues make this piece quite a pleasure to watch. And finally, optimistic, and with well deserved happy end, which we all desire, don't we? ;)

4. Tja's rating of the film North Sea Texas

A s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n homo erotic love story. Ennui 10, Testosterone 1. Love will find a way - eventually ...

5. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film North Sea Texas

Smouldering hot. Very worthy. Interesting original characters, honest dialogue. Patient under currents of emotions injected with intense snatches of passion - making you an intelligent watcher having to read all that is unsaid - making you care about Pim and how all will resolve for him. Tender and sensitive shots, Plus a gorgeous watch, stunning people. Good to hear a film in Flemish too, I love that language.

6. Aardsy's rating of the film North Sea Texas

Young Gay Tension: The Movie

7. GromD's rating of the film North Sea Texas

Loin d'être parfait mais un très agréable film à regarder... Bonne mise en scène, belle photographie, mais scénario un peu balisé !

8. Mx Nihil's rating of the film North Sea Texas

Definitely a director to watch out for.

9. Samuel Donath's rating of the film North Sea Texas

Fantastic. Such a well done film full of feeling, longing, pain, desire, and dreams.

10. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film North Sea Texas

Has a number of rewarding moments, but the film makes it really challenging to get to them. The film is simple, subtle, and protracted, giving the impression that it's boring and oblique. Playing your cards close to the chest probably isn't the best move when you're not working with complex material to begin with.

11. Leroy Martin's rating of the film North Sea Texas

it's not perfect but it's one of the best queer films i've seen in a while! v touching

12. FrankBooth's rating of the film North Sea Texas

Ce film se regarde mais je n'ai pas été emballé... J'ai eu l'impression de voir un film qui ne savait pas où il allait !

13. Joe Hackman's rating of the film North Sea Texas

North Sea, Texas is not a flawless work of fiction, but it affected me in a pretty strong way. The performances are good, the characters are interesting, and the finale is hopeful. Worth a watch if you're into queer cinema!

14. Nicolas Djurdjevic's rating of the film North Sea Texas

Wow. Some mistakes, but on a general level : a very good work.

15. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film North Sea Texas

Having seen some of Defurne's short films, this comes as an unexpected and great surprise. I'm interested in seeing how he transitions from shorts to a debut feature.

16. salemsharp's rating of the film North Sea Texas

A moving if not slightly formulamatic film, it's all been done before, but Pim is so sweet and wonderful, one can't help but be moved by his story.

17. Evan Schafer's rating of the film North Sea Texas

I very much enjoyed the simplistic, nearly minimalist telling of this story. Sometimes you don't need a lot of dialogue to make powerful points, which North Sea Texas does without hesitation. This is a pure example of filmmaking at its best, without being overtly direct in its messages (such as the sex scenes, which are done with class and implication). Watch this one, if only for the beautiful cinematography.

18. Louís Wisoczynski's rating of the film North Sea Texas

19. oldeuboi's rating of the film North Sea Texas

A nice little feature. Sweet and tender. But nothing much happened for a supposedly a subtle coming-of-age drama. The songs are awesome, tho'.

20. Frankly, Mr. Shankly's rating of the film North Sea Texas