1. vitgerasymenko's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

2. Rúben A. Jesus's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

really don't want to be that guy, but yeah, the novel is better. a lot better.

3. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

My second Anh Hùng - his sensibility is notable (the licenced music choices alone..). This isn't, of course, nowhere near the best painful movie I know,but it's a strong contender for the most ugly, relatable pain I've seen a film dish out. It's just, like, a fucking pit. Some parts seem straight copied out of my life. There's a scene that is a literal conversation I had with someone. Watch your heart around this.

4. npynvt's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

5. John Woodall's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

I'll try not to compare this to the novel, but I think most people agree that it lacks the relatability, detail, and tone that many came to expect. I thought the film felt strangely put together, preventing me from ever being a part of anything that was going on. The real saving grace of this was its soundtrack, which was wonderfully done although imperfectly implemented. Just read the book.

6. madtobesaved's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

Not surprisingly, the book was better.

7. choupinet's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

Despite the criticism, I actually enjoyed this cinematic adaptation of Murakami's novel.

8. Setya Rahmah's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

Saya sudah menonton film ini sejak sebulan lalu, baru kemudian saya membaca bukunya. Entah kenapa dalam film ini, tokoh Reiko-San terlihat seperti tempelan. Tidak penting. Mengada-ngada. Ah, what a pity!

9. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

Great performances but those damn following steadicam shots made the performances awkward.

10. RockFuzzEleven's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

I'm norwegian so I know all about the norwegian wood ;)

11. Ordon's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

I gave it two because the edits were nice, but honestly what the hell. I'm gonna give the book another go, it'd make more sense than this...

12. Lily Parmenter's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

Snooze fest. Gorgeous interior design and landscapes, but that was all that kept me watching. The female characters were boring and irritating. I could barely get through this. Bummer. Nice music, too.

13. cosmin's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

Not as good as the book but this goes for every good book and would have been to much to expect - compressing a 300+ pages book in 2 hours of movie time. Some of the scenes and characters were a little off from what I remembered or imagined but that is ok. I liked the Japan 1960' atmosphere meticulous recreation.

14. ShawnD's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

Is it possible to talk about this movie without referencing the book on which it's based? What I enjoyed about the book is that it's of a specific setting and doesn't apologize for being nostalgic. The movie, save for a few early scenes and obvious music references, has a timeless quality. And the lead characters, particularly our hero, have an airless quality, which keeps a profoundly a moving story at arm's length.

15. David R Williams's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

A deeply moving exploration of love and desire, sorrow and loss, madness and despair. Beautifully rendered.

16. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

Smart and intimate. Norwegian Wood handles deeply profound issues through atmosphere and body language, relying on the viewer to not need heavy handed dialogue to explain the finer details at work. Each point strikes a balance between the heightened reality of film and the truth of reality. I points I still felt distant to the film and wished to be invited in more to better feel the characters.

17. Linda's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

quite different than the book, but that's ok!

18. 2multo's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

Hypnotically beautiful. Brings out every possible human emotion. Masterful throughout.

19. Lucy Zhang's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

Beautiful, subtle; but triggers your seasonal affective disorder.

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

I hate it when they turn books into melodramas. What you get with melodrama is one note performances, and one mood. The moments of happiness are quickly followed by suicidal regret. So over the top. More like one of those bad dreams where you can't stop crying.

21. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

22. jkristianl's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

morning woods and evening moods. pretty bad

23. Anca.'s rating of the film Norwegian Wood

visually appealing but it doesn't get near the greatness of Murakami's book

24. luminous's rating of the film Norwegian Wood

The soundtrack is amazing.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7