1. Ismawati Dasuki's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

I dont like Werner Herzog, but this is really good.

2. George Harvey Bone's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

I saw this at the cinema when it originally came out, and it's the only film I have EVER fallen asleep to... At least I didn't totally waste my time, as I did get a good rest. This is not from a Herzog hater, by the way - I usually like his films... One star for the cinematography.

3. tw's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

i liked the first five or ten minutes a lot but the rest of the movie was just ok in comparison

4. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

A beating heart of moss shrouded in mildew-stained parchment. Captures the organic horror of plague through devious, indirect means and awesome poetic beauty that never quite tips over into kitsch. Kinski is a great white worm here. Watch alongside playing Ice-Pick Lodge's 'Pathologic'/'Утопия'.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Une "splendide" rature d'Herzog Werner qui nous rend nostalgique du chef-d'oeuvre de Friedrich Murnau ainsi que des éclats d'un Terence Fisher et de son mordant complice, Christopher Lee .....

6. andretz's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

7. luz de topos's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

me molesta el trato con los animales en las películas de herzog

8. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Worthless and petty- I'll stick with Murnau thank you!

9. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

CINEMA _ Not sure about the necessity of making such a film. It is surely a perilous exercice, after Murnau of course but also after Polanski who made a comedy out of it. Herzog is dead serious, the cinematography splendid and it is all about the atmosphere. The sound is of all important : wind blowing, strange noises, Wagner over and over again. It almost falls into a caricature but it falls on the right side.

10. Renata A's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Inspiring, comforting dialogues, atmospheres. The humidity and the hunger and the cold gets in your veins. Herzog is a friend.

11. Kotryna's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

12. ermete polpette's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

13. Sergiu Scripcă's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Apart from a few scenes towards the end, most of what's really impressive here is lifted straight from the Murnau original.

14. ammar's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

15. bryanvmh's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Klaus Kinski's white head floats its way into your throat

16. Marina C.'s rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Oh the Gothic vibes! And Lucy, Lucy made this film for me. Herzog's cinematography is grand

17. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Rewatched and re-loved. TOP film, genuinely frightening. Isabelle Adjani: a goddess.

18. msmichel's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Herzog's take on the Murnau classic features a riveting turn by Klaus Kinski that unfortunately still pales next to Max Schreck's defining portrayal. This sterile take on Stoker's 'Dracula' lacks the power and horror of the '22 original. Of note is the score by Popol Vuh which is just dynamite. Well worth a look for its own distinct vision but a horror classic it is not...for that stick with the symphony.

19. Jeff Holland's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

what can be said but that such a combination of visual beauty and conceptual darkness is rarely achieved so wonderfully? applause for werner herzog.

20. caitlin.f's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

very long & drawn out but i did like the dramatics of it. great ending.

21. Madeline Mckinzie's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

The director, Werner Herzog, and the cinematographers of this movie did an excellent job creating an iry and ominous vibe to this film. As well as, highlighting the more touching moments, like Lucy and Johnathan’s farewell scene on the beach, with the perfect ambiance to provoke certain emotions. This is an overall great movie, and I would recommend to others.

22. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

From the opening shots, the film shows an immaculate atmospheric piece of horror. It follows all of the traditional rules of horror. Instead of simply being formulaic though, Herzog has shown how to create a masterpiece within the film. It is beautiful and eerie. It creates a perfect reality for the characters to exist in, haunting the entire time.

23. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

So many painters and paintings here, deeply digested, as the romantic era verges on the modern and monsters slide out from behind the Biedermeier for a last dance, even though we know that they figure a way to infect the modern era, too. I loved the way this film was haunted by the original. So smart and rich how Herzog conjured shadows of Murnau.

24. El Biffo's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

"Cruel is when you can't die even when you want to. The absence of love is the most abject pain....We've all contracted the plague, so let's enjoy whatever time we have left to live." 4.2 stars for Herzog's star-studded, rat-filled production of the classic Nosferatu.

← Previous 1 3 4