1. lbunuel's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Some scenes are stupendous, and Herzog's feel for extremes sure lends this film a remarkable quality of excess. Also the play with darkness and light is amazing. Overall, though, I think this is a footnote to Murnau's incomparable masterpiece. As much as Herzog tries to display a boundless, unrestrained courage, this film feels constrained and diminished by genre impositions and the shadow of its predecessor.

2. e.rose's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

una stella la aggiunge la adjani

3. Bob's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Quite possibly the best Dracula movie there is. Where the original shines as a expressionistic nightmare, this one looks and feels more like a Monet painting that relies on mist, sunlight and darkness. And it does that without exaggerated cinematography. Music by Popol Wuh evokes the feeling of surreal, while the main antagonist is explored as alienated creature filled with lust more than ever before and ever after.

4. William's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Location, location, location.

5. agostinellips's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

This Dracula is the least menacing of all. You can see him in constant pain. But then the rats! The plague! I love how the town loses hope and succumbs into chaos after his arrival. Adjani and Ganz were great. Also, Herzog takes his time to explore every scene in depth. You almost feel the impulse to grab a piece of chicken with Jonathan, or spend hours by the fire listening to the gypsies’ tales.

6. Ismawati Dasuki's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

I dont like Werner Herzog, but this is really good.

7. George Harvey Bone's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

I saw this at the cinema when it originally came out, and it's the only film I have EVER fallen asleep to... At least I didn't totally waste my time, as I did get a good rest. This is not from a Herzog hater, by the way - I usually like his films... One star for the cinematography.

8. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

A beating heart of moss shrouded in mildew-stained parchment. Captures the organic horror of plague through devious, indirect means and awesome poetic beauty that never quite tips over into kitsch. Kinski is a great white worm here. Like biting down upon a delicious Black Forest gateau and coming back with the taste of blood in your mouth.

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Une "splendide" rature d'Herzog Werner qui nous rend nostalgique du chef-d'oeuvre de Friedrich Murnau ainsi que des éclats d'un Terence Fisher et de son mordant complice, Christopher Lee .....

10. andretz's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

11. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Worthless and petty- I'll stick with Murnau thank you!

12. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

CINEMA _ Not sure about the necessity of making such a film. It is surely a perilous exercice, after Murnau of course but also after Polanski who made a comedy out of it. Herzog is dead serious, the cinematography splendid and it is all about the atmosphere. The sound is of all important : wind blowing, strange noises, Wagner over and over again. It almost falls into a caricature but it falls on the right side.

13. Renata A's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Inspiring, comforting dialogues, atmospheres. The humidity and the hunger and the cold gets in your veins. Herzog is a friend.

14. Kotryna's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

15. ermete polpette's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

16. Sergiu Scripcă's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Apart from a few scenes towards the end, most of what's really impressive here is lifted straight from the Murnau original.

17. ammar's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

18. bryanvmh's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Klaus Kinski's white head floats its way into your throat

19. Marina C.'s rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Oh the Gothic vibes! And Lucy, Lucy made this film for me. Herzog's cinematography is grand

20. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Rewatched and re-loved. TOP film, genuinely frightening. Isabelle Adjani: a goddess.

21. msmichel's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

Herzog's take on the Murnau classic features a riveting turn by Klaus Kinski that unfortunately still pales next to Max Schreck's defining portrayal. This sterile take on Stoker's 'Dracula' lacks the power and horror of the '22 original. Of note is the score by Popol Vuh which is just dynamite. Well worth a look for its own distinct vision but a horror classic it is not...for that stick with the symphony.

22. Jeff Holland's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

what can be said but that such a combination of visual beauty and conceptual darkness is rarely achieved so wonderfully? applause for werner herzog.

23. caitlin.f's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

very long & drawn out but i did like the dramatics of it. great ending.

24. Madeline Mckinzie's rating of the film Nosferatu the Vampyre

The director, Werner Herzog, and the cinematographers of this movie did an excellent job creating an iry and ominous vibe to this film. As well as, highlighting the more touching moments, like Lucy and Johnathan’s farewell scene on the beach, with the perfect ambiance to provoke certain emotions. This is an overall great movie, and I would recommend to others.

← Previous 1 3 4