1. Magda Magdy's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

A Devastatingly beautiful film It all starts with the question of how to activate the present by excavating absences, of memory and representation through multisensory devices. How can we build and preserve collective memories? How does excavating through the past help us in understanding our present?

2. -REM-'s rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

3. eleventries's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

De esos documentales que uno preferiría que no se hubiesen tenido que hacer

4. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

5. consuelo's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

La paradoja de ir hacia las estrellas mirando entre las piedras.

6. Omar Manjouneh's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

"I am convinced that memory has a gravitational force. It is constantly attracting us. Those who have a memory are able to live in the fragile present moment. Those who have none don't live anywhere".

7. Elle Johnston's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

One of the most stunning films I've ever watched.

8. pezfelinoespia's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

4.5 excelente documental, lo mejor es la forma en la cual relaciona todo en un solo tema y dejando claro que el desierto es el mejor lugar para los que buscan, ya sea en el espacio o en la tierra... "El desierto es una puerta del pasado"… lo otro interesante es el tema del presente, donde deja muy claro que “el presente es una línea muy delgada… uno sopla y se pierde”.

9. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

10. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

11. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

12. boughtabride's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

i wish i could do half-ratings (so really, a 3.95). for me, the pacing is a little slow and i wasn't sure if it was something i would enjoy. however it is a good documentary. i do not care for a lot of the information about space but it must be done--the comparison to the vastness of the universe and the missing people/bones due to genocide of the chilean people is incredibly gripping and well-done in a detached way.

13. Crina Cătălina's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

14. Jonathan Dowman's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

Makes a wonderful star out of Gazpar Galaz, who could evergise even the most jaded undergrad science student in his sardonic, humane, self-deprecating interjections on the nature of truth, scientific research, and the relationship between disciplines. The sense that these people have been living like this for decades, waiting to tell their story was heartbreaking, and the glacial pace was perfect.

15. Kaonashiii's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

Oh, this is really beautiful. I started watching as a last chance saloon viewing, then wished I'd had time to watch it again. Stars and time and space and memory and real, tangible loss.

16. Moin Hussain's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

Lyrical, life affirming, hear-breaking

17. DrFirestone's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

Majestic... Stunning, powerful images complemented by perfectly matched sound and music. The Atacama Desert connects the cosmos, time, astronomy, the history of humankind and a very difficult political topic which seems to be the driving force here, but at the same time it's just an element of a bigger story... Outstanding document.

18. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

Powerful, painful, marvellous, moving, monumental, melancholy in every sense of all those words.

19. gnicksb@gmail.com's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

20. RhysB's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

I don't think I was in the right mood as I thought it was a bit boring. And I normally like stuff like this. I'm probably wrong this time. Don't take my opinion.

21. Superfrog's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

Stunning images, reflection on how different people grasp the world differently through the parallel created by different people looking at the past, yet different pasts, in the same exceptional place.

22. alimcintyre's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

One of the most thought-provoking documentaries I have ever seen. Beautiful.

23. Real_Stephanie's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

A profound and rewarding meditation on time, space and knowledge. Awesome, in the original, overwhelming sense of the word.

24. Oneb's rating of the film Nostalgia for the Light

There's something about the Spanish language that seems to proceed (when translated into English) from a non-sequitur, then flower into a marvellous poetic encapsulation of civilisation, and consequently makes me realise that concepts are fictions. This film is a search for meaning amongst the polarised fictions of terror and knowledge, and its success is the big sense of the innate/perpetuating goodness of humanity.