1. anadyomene's rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

I fell in love with Yohji Yamamoto; with his poetic designs, philosophy, his attitude towards fast fashion industry (or in general. He basically told them to go fuck themselves). He claimed that he's not a fashion designer but a simple dressmaker. He has a meticulous attention for the cut of his garments and the textiles. In this line of work, he's one of the people whom I admire and respect the most.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

Une étude sur le styliste japonais Yohji Yamamoto dont Wim Wenders étudie l'art et qu'il compare a la création cinématographique. On s'en fout ! www.cinefiches.com

3. elenagallen's rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

This visionary documentary it's not only still relevant nowadays, but necessary to claim the poetic souls behind crafts and industries. A true display of sensibility and a warning on consumption and new technologies.

4. EDDIE I's rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

Age has not been kind to this film. And what is up with that music? It made of been cool back then but now... The experiments with the filmmaking just fall flat too.

5. Cyltie's rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

gimmicky execution, but a nice idea and some interesting insights into Yamamoto's mindset

6. Ingrid Aldama's rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

An incredible insight to one of the most influential designers of our time.

7. kokeshi's rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

Yohji è stato sempre una fonte d'ispirazione per me. Poter ammirare e toccare le sue creazioni mi ha fatto capire qual'era il corso della mia vita. Poi, in questo caso...in collaborazione con Wenders...

8. dialupmodem's rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

masterpiece on how 2 authors (in the loose sense of the word) interact. fantastic!

9. Chichago_'s rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

I finally have the opportunity to watch this documentary. Love the cinematography and of course, the topic itself, Yohji Yamamoto. It is fun to see how one of my favourite designers starts his career.

10. lupiter's rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

Freaking amazing. Great designer, great director. Nothing can go wrong.

11. ALASKA.1's rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

where can I find this movie? thanks :)

12. lunes's rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

inspiring direction, inspiring object.

13. reiter's rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

i was amused after watching it. quoting. it was almost year ago, but the whole idea and technique of using digital and analog cameras at the same time made my impression. i never was into fashion, but the phylosophy of Yohji Yamamoto is something.

14. Vicky Portauger's rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

The beginning is absolutely wonderful...But I figured out wenders has big difficulties to end his movies, it is most of the time a bit disappointing and it make the movie not as wonderful as the beginning let think !

15. romy kraus's rating of the film Notebook on Cities and Clothes

"Recently I've started to like the defects in people .... " "People who were born in Tokyo or another big city prefer not to have a nationality. I like the feeling of not being responsible." YY