1. bryanvmh's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

Some crazy racist moments surrounded by a surreally strange rom-com caper. Dying is all the rage.

2. Aardsy's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

Failing Morning Star has always been wrong. SAD!

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

C'est fort gentillet, toujours sans génie, d'un humour bon enfant, quelquefois répétitif et au rythme bien poussif, fort étonnant venant du grand Wellman... www.cinefiches.com

4. Balthaz21's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

5. simaluca's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

Terribly funny, even if not one of Wellman's best. Lombard and March ok.

6. christian.rodb's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

sin subtítulos en español sin subtítulos en español sin subtítulos en español sin subtítulos en español sin subtítulos en español sin subtítulos en español

7. Jason's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

Not quite pure asinine frivolity. How could it be? Ben Hecht wrote it. It is not the least bit difficult to imagine this script being worked out as something more than passingly serviceable. Wellman might even have been the man to do it. Why not? However, this is goddamn hard to sit through. Carole Lombard reaches a career low in terms of noxiousness. I can handle a bumpkin, but this I can barely handle. Barf.

8. Kim Avelar Marcelino da Silva's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

Damn... Wish I wasnt so much on my cell phone during this movie cuz the dialogue is great thanks t the great Ben Hecht who wrote great movies like Scarface (the original one), Notorious and Spellbound (for Hitchcock), Ride The Pink Horse, His Girl Friday and so so so many more... Thank God I wasnt on my phone for the big Man vs Woman fight at the end.

9. lostlevel's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

It was relatively amusing as far as outdated movies go and not that offensive either. At least this film has the alibi of being made in the 1930s, I'm not sure what excuse more recent problematic films have.

10. SpacePirate's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

Maybe it the print I saw, but the technicolor looks quite horrid here and distracts a bit from an otherwise nice comedy. Lombard is in fine form here, one of her top 5 performances.

11. Oliver Page's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

Very very very slight but also delightful. All of Carol Lombard's films should be treasured really. Also of note: very early instance of colour cinematography. And the very first use of colour rear-screen-projection!

12. Beatrice's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

A funny little romp with crackling lines and a few brilliant tricks. It'll brighten up any gloomy day!

13. Gaurav Singhmar's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

A skinny film, with skeleton apparent. Not bad if you like the sweets it offers. English trope of town and country, American trope of amoral newspaper men. I like Wellman when he shows well men, I like him less when he's seeing through values and handling the gold in the sacred core.

14. db's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

15. Charlie's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

I enjoyed it because it made me laugh. It's an innocent romantic comedy, a very amusing one.

16. Log Lady's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

Technicolor doesn't look too appealing here, it just makes the picture mushy and strange. Lombard's shrillness and constant wailing made my ears bleed (again), and Marsh's character was just annoyingly patronizing.

17. alexyoungen's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

Beautifully cinematic comedy. Loved the tracking shot around the shipping crate that reveals Fredric March and Carole Lombard in obscured embrace.

18. El Biffo's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

Better-than-average mid-century Hollywood fodder, but I prefer Wellman's films before Hollywood cleaned him up to please the Hays Code. Night Nurse was Hollywood trash, too, but at least it was uncensored, and unsanitized. Beggars of Life was brilliant. The Hays Code even affected French films that wanted to play in America, and ultimately, Hollywood abandoned it in order to survive. A list of banned topics below...

19. Ethan's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

A nice little comedic gem from the 30s in glorious technicolor.

20. msmichel's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

Punching women, ethnic stereotypes, faking terminal disease, misogyny....this is comedy? Shrill and dated Wellman work from scriptwriters who have left a far better legacy behind then this one. Lombard is downright annoying here and Marsh way to he-man even for the period. Had never got around to seeing this one before...what a disappointment.

21. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

While the use of Technicolor isn't outstanding, this black comedy against tabloid journalism is still relevant and Lombard does great in one of her last comedy roles.

22. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Nothing Sacred

I think it has an amazing script and I love Oscar Levant's "Gershwinesque" score and the shots of Manhattan are lovely. The reactions of the actors are particularly funny and Walter Connelly gives one of his best dyspeptic performances.