1. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

"There's just no point hating someone you love." J.L.

2. Thom Whyte's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

I really didn't like this. The character is intensely unlikable but we're meant to revel in his selfishness and vanity. The acting felt off-kilter to me, and I struggled to invest in any of the scenes in front of me.

3. somerseson's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

This film is annoyingly unmusical. I enjoyed it, but I feel as though it doesn't quite work because of its biographical nature. It is always hinting at something more but never quite reaches it, and Aaron Johnson is good but not spectacular. The film just needed a splash more music to make it memorable, the music scenes are a bit flat. A good film, worth watching, not something I will think of regularly.

4. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

Lovely. A really sweet little film, mostly because it's not life-changing or self-important. Inspired portraits from Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kristin Scott-Thomas. Well worth a watch.

5. Katey's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

Enjoyable pop biopic requiring little but delivering a nice glimpse into life pre-mania.

6. Angela Starn's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

Wonderful storytelling and emotional delivery by the actors, though so sad.

7. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

Fifty shades were never came from Nowhere. I was surprised by a good performance from the leading actor too. It is rather 3.5 though but give it 4 for being nothing like the film mentioned above, and I am sorry for this comparison but it is very hard to resist not to ask question "how did that happen?"

8. raggiodisole's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

Never a chore to watch Kristin Scott Thomas, and this was a story worth telling

9. Zane's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

Told with the deftness of a teenage diary

10. simon's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

11. Curtis's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

I actually loved this film, Im glad this story focused more on the emotional and relationship-py side of his life. The art department and set dressers did an amazing job. LOVED THE PROPS AND COSTUME! Kristin Scott Thomas gives an amazing performance as usual. Although i felt Aaron Taylor-Johnson could have been pushed more in the emotional bits but it worked also loved that cheeky characteristic he gave Lennon.

12. fhugheveleigh@gmail.com's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

13. katiestgeorge@gmail.com's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

14. JOHN ATHERTON's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

Interest insight into Lennon's early life and portrayal / betrayal of family realities. Not a great film however.

15. Jacqueline Wallace's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

16. Rhianka's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

17. Leigh Collins's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

A fascinating insight into the mind and motivations of one of the all-time greats, simply told and with great performances. However, I'm not sure it would work if you don't have at least a rudimentary understanding of what Lennon and The Beatles became (in the years after the film's narrative ends).

18. Christopher W's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

I was brought up just a few miles down the East Lancs Road in a suburb of Manchester at around the same time in the late 50's.The school blazers with the crest on the pocket a god remkinder of the times - a Liver Bird on John's,a Blue Owl on mine - sapere aude. Brought back a lot of memories."Mendips " was a posh house for those times - a panelled hall. Good film evocative of the times +++

19. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

"When I see you doing what I try to do for me with the words from a poet and the voice from a choir." crossed with the fantasies of Sam Taylor-Wood.

20. Patrick John's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

Aaron Taylor-Johnson in his handsomest and best performance. Gahhh, I love him so much.

21. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

Some strong performances in this John Lennon biopic

22. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

23. smndvdcl's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

Fascinating biopic on Lennon - solid script, acting and directing. Well worth a watch, at least for the sake of curiosity.

24. Daniel Metcalf's rating of the film Nowhere Boy

2.5 and I'm a massive fan of The Beatles too...