1. Ethan's rating of the film Obvious Child

Jenny Slate is an absolute revelation in this very beautiful, hilarious and brutally honest film about life, the relationships we have with people, and the choices we make. This is a fine example of adult filmmaking.

2. Madeleine Davis's rating of the film Obvious Child

wanted to love it. sort of did love it? didn't love it enough to really love it.

3. Chris's rating of the film Obvious Child

funny and sweet, its good to have a female director/writer in charge of a sensitive subject

4. truffraud's rating of the film Obvious Child

one of my favorite independent comedies of the last few years. the concept is simple, the execution is tight, and the writing for donna is unapologetic. she's dynamic (a nicer way of saying "a complete mess"). the product is a concise movie that is at times harrowing (that ending...) and fuckin' hilarious due to a tight cast of comedic actors. jenny slate u r gr8

5. Steve G.'s rating of the film Obvious Child

Highlights - Gidget from The Secret Life Of Pets gets farted on. Lowlights - Ever deciding to watch this.

6. MarianneRenoir's rating of the film Obvious Child

Unwatchable. Jenny Slate is too annoying.

7. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Obvious Child

Fart in the face is a great first date story

8. nargs_au's rating of the film Obvious Child

If I went to a comic lounge with stand up that bad, I'd walk out. It's stand up not therapy. As much as I love Jenny Slate, this isn't a film I'd recognise her with.

9. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Obvious Child

The central charector is neither funny (despite being a stand up comedian) or interesting. Or watchable.

10. smndvdcl's rating of the film Obvious Child

The best kind of edgy: taboo-breaking articulations on abortion in a context where stand-up on the topic would seem unthinkable. The vulnerability and idiosyncrasies of the protagonist, make this effort remarkably compelling viewing.

11. pintobean's rating of the film Obvious Child

Jenny Slate is magnificent. One of the best comedies of 2014, no debate.

12. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Obvious Child

"I promise I won't leave with a stranger unless that stranger is you". That whole final scene made me sob. That's me. That's You and Me. I'll hold this very close to my heart.

13. Poor Margo's rating of the film Obvious Child

14. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Obvious Child

Obvious Child ist deninitiv eine Komödie und ja, sie handelt auch von einer Abtreibung. Im Herzen geht es aber um Jenny Slates wunderbare, tolle, unglaublich witzige Hauptfigur Donna! Ihre Unterhaltungen und wie sie heimtückisch von Gefühlen "überfraut" wird... die ganze Rezension sowie unsere liebsten Offbeat Romantic Comedies gibts auf der Seite unserer Videothek cinegeek.de

15. Mel Paola's rating of the film Obvious Child

16. antibody's rating of the film Obvious Child

one star on principal because it's more famous than my movie about the same thing

17. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film Obvious Child

interesting view. the romantic stuff was actually pretty cute and not grating, and i liked the sense of humor. it was very white girl in brooklyn but not like............lena dunham levels of annoyance

18. La Schiff's rating of the film Obvious Child

this was a joy to watch, real and awkward.

19. lisa's rating of the film Obvious Child

this had its corny moments but otherwise i think it was the best movie i've seen out of all the recent comedies that have a main character who is a slightly fucked up aimless woman in her mid-twenties who doesn't have her shit together. and i like jenny slate despite not having intended to

20. Ingrid Aldama's rating of the film Obvious Child

More romantic comedies should aspire to this.

21. Kamran's rating of the film Obvious Child

Ultra-hip upper middle class comedian has one night stand with good guy, aborts baby, then starts seeing him. The first world's privilege of convenience.illustrated with neglect of its absurdity. Sometimes funny, but mostly not, with tawdry potty humour at its center. 40/100 - Bad.

22. Cbarky99's rating of the film Obvious Child

"Change is good, Donna." "Man, that's, like, the rudest thing you've ever said to me."

23. DSPRKY's rating of the film Obvious Child

Some actors you'll recognize from Girls show up here to talk about how one-night stands and abortions are awkward. True, although not exactly revelatory, and there's certainly some indie pandering going on. (The father has his quirky puppet habit, she works at an oppressive anti-imperialist bookstore &c &c)

24. dramatizaciones's rating of the film Obvious Child

not hilarious, but sweet and honest.

← Previous 1 3 4