1. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Occidente

La mer, les poissons, des bateaux. Un caméra qui tremble. A la 5ème minute 1 homme. Fantastique ! ========= Sea, fish, boats. The camera shakes. At the 5th minute, a man. Terrific !

2. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film Occidente

Collection of beautiful footage full of oxygen which seems random but makes sense in the end.

3. vvnelson's rating of the film Occidente

4. Aube James's rating of the film Occidente

Ana Vaz is "communing" with the old ghosts of the peninsula (as the title implies). Her guilt-ridden introspection will have spoiled her own holiday. The real movie is her intent, not the product. Is that good enough?

5. Stephanie Bevilaqua's rating of the film Occidente

6. Francoise Mees's rating of the film Occidente

Bored !no interest at all....

7. Benea Simion's rating of the film Occidente

Tematica acestei producții nu e chiar așa de simplă de apucat, intrând într-un mediu experimental. Începutul este mai mult decât enigmatic, dar coloana sonoră te ține conectat până la apariția primelor imagini.Realizatoarea Ana Vaz îl consideră un film-poem a unei istorii repetitive, tăierile de montaj și filmarea pe 16mm îl face o peliculă de genul found-footage, dar care surprinde momentele unei călătorii.

8. siobhantebbs's rating of the film Occidente

I didn't really connect with this film; its message seemed a little obscure.

9. Jaimemorto's rating of the film Occidente

Conceptual, with a taste of life cycle.

10. abyssgazer's rating of the film Occidente

11. porcyk's rating of the film Occidente

Visually arresting, with great sound design throughout. Gracefully coaxes its class-conscious themes from the disparate visual strains, while seldom resorting to blunt-cudgel symbolism (scene of strutting peacock interspersed with fetishized dinnerware displays excepted).

12. ines.silvestre1995@hotmail.fr's rating of the film Occidente

13. Feng Ling's rating of the film Occidente

seems like she has a lot to say but most of the message is not passing through the film alone. I started to read the interviews (which do provide some explanations) but I think I should spend the energy learning more math

14. Edit Profile's rating of the film Occidente

~Has cool Google street view zoom scenes. Sans Soleil à la Chris Marker feel. Don't think about it, enjoy the view. We can all do this. Well done!

15. Nan Bauer's rating of the film Occidente

Gorgeous, meditative, evocative, moving. Choices like this make me love MUBI all the more.

16. Daniel Lane's rating of the film Occidente

No continuity, No visual narrative, and even the sound is not related to the visuals; the Peacock makes a sound without moving his beak...... Really???????? Made a better visual film when I was 16, with my Super-8 camera. Occidente is a Tragic Accident brought about by pretention and self-delusion. A waste of good film stock.

17. michelle's rating of the film Occidente

loved the visuals and sounds, wish i was able to understand what the short is actually trying to say..

18. muse_x's rating of the film Occidente

wonders what Douglas Coupland would say

19. josh scam's rating of the film Occidente

peacock commodity water crystal fetishism bourgeois colonialism statue google maps painted 16mm flare blue brandy laughter money etc

20. andrine sæther's rating of the film Occidente

This was fantastic, pieces of life put together,poetry, very moving

21. azemal's rating of the film Occidente

I hate rating, but I had to do that in order to add a review. What I wanted to say, is, that I'm so proud that there are people like you in the world, Ana Vaz. We need more materials like that in our fucked up world, which is filled up with so bullshit movies! RESPECT!

22. Silke Neryn's rating of the film Occidente

Was hoping that the whole thing would've been more like the first two minutes: a trance-like and psychedelic pick-me-up (or, rather, fuck-me-up). But then it ebbs out into an alternative travelling monologue which is alright I guess.

23. caionarezzi's rating of the film Occidente

Lindo ! Ocidente opressor.

24. El Biffo's rating of the film Occidente

Without intellectualizing whether this film has any meaning or not; I just like the way it looks.