1. smndvdcl's rating of the film Ocean Waves

Ghibli's experimentation with alternate directors suits the evolution of its output. Whilst Miyazaki and Takahata are clearly the masters, diversity is the spice of invention. Mochizuki's own expressionistic style is evocative and illuminating. This is one of Ghibli's underrated gems.

2. Emily O's rating of the film Ocean Waves

3. Séon Kim's rating of the film Ocean Waves

Time romanticize old memories

4. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Ocean Waves

5. Mellow Dude's rating of the film Ocean Waves

them niggas told me this film is the shit. well, they weren't wrong.

6. Yokna HASEGAWA's rating of the film Ocean Waves

Most sensual film ever, though any sexual things aren't expressed. There's invisible deep relationship,inner voices which they can never say out. I don't know why this film stimulates me so much, But the air itself is so erotic.. Masterpiece.

7. pluviosity's rating of the film Ocean Waves

Bland. Leaving me with no story or character I can relate to--or at least care about. And, it barely got anything to do with ocean, or waves, or 'umi'.

8. Nina's rating of the film Ocean Waves

この映画は良かったです。

9. camille's rating of the film Ocean Waves

10. Christian Reguitti's rating of the film Ocean Waves

Nice movie speaks of young love and important realizations that come with age

11. Wasunan T's rating of the film Ocean Waves

12. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Ocean Waves

13. Zissou's rating of the film Ocean Waves

14. lupiter's rating of the film Ocean Waves

not very memorable, still enjoyable.

15. nvtsrmr's rating of the film Ocean Waves

A simply enjoyable story. I love the narrative and everything in this anime. Beautiful. And one thing about Ghibli's I like most is they always serve good music for the audiences' ears.

16. Algitya's rating of the film Ocean Waves

Where Ghibli's heart start.

17. CJ Roy's rating of the film Ocean Waves

Double-edged sword. TV format leads to brisk pacing despite weak form (insistent establishing shots, weird edits). Exploration of high school relationships is similar, focusing on those important moments so quickly hurts it while also revealing itself as an accurate portrayal. Do these memories still matter? Should we hold them close or move on? And can we move on more humanly then drunk at a reunion like Yamao?

18. MGeo's rating of the film Ocean Waves

I went and saw this at the IFC Center in NYC during their Studio Ghibli retrospective. They show all of Ghibli's films; including ones that will never be released in America Because of very little money, I could only see the ones that will not be released in the USA: Ocean Waves and Only Yesterday. This was okay; nothing special. It's a classic story of a boy and a girl's feeling throughout their lives. Glad I saw it

19. sapta's rating of the film Ocean Waves

Strange, don't remember seeing the scene shown on the site.

20. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Ocean Waves

Why on earth do they like this girl? She's a bitch!

21. Zachary Curl's rating of the film Ocean Waves

i found this in a huge Studio Ghibli boxset and didn't even know what the title was because it wasn't translated. it ended up having subtitles, and i'm really glad that i watched it. if you've ever liked a girl before, you should watch this movie.

22. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film Ocean Waves

One of the least known and seen films from Studio Ghibli. It was released on DVD in the UK at the beginning of this year and it's a good film.