1. El Biffo's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

I was having trouble with this until I stopped paying attention to the narrative about the revolution and just watched the fabulous images. I am going to project this on the wall at my Xmas party with a soundtrack of 70's Funk/Soul music (Curtis Mayfield, Isaac Hayes, etc.)

2. Nick Schwab's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

A monotonous film with a repetitive nature that isn't dramatically compelling, lacking even an emotional anchor in character(s). It may have a dazzling newsreel approach, stunning montages, and striking images, but is a case of style over substance, akin to modern blockbusters. As this was just soulless propaganda for its time, nothing less, nothing more. It lathers, rinses, and repeats itself every few minutes.

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

4. @MrEdDylan's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

enjoyable as a documentary style but its too hard to take as politic,the whole film full of idealisation of the Revolution where betrayal of the Revolution by Stalin impossible to not angry while watching this one especially Americans

5. bagno's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

6. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

7. Kamran's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

Exceptionally well shot and edited by a contracted Eisenstein, but with content so dry and propagandist it's difficult to enjoy. 80/100 - Great.

8. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

Not really my cup of tea, a unique cinematic achievement nevertheles! It is interesting to keep in mind that while all cinema is commodified these days, the ten days that shook the world are a film of a very different category: it aestheticizes a certain kind of social/political reality in a monolithic and very straightforward way.

9. smndvdcl's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

What an astonishing artefact of cinema, and document of the Russian Revolution. Eisenstein is a master craftsman; the scale of this reconstruction is a sight to behold, and the score by Shostakovich is a tapestry of sound. The delineation between communism and socialism was blurred in 1917; nowadays, an encouraged distinction is to separate the dictatorial/authoritarian from the democratic/moderate.

10. RoRoRoro's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

11. Chilton's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

Bored me out of my mind, still better than Battleship Potemkin

12. Jugend21's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

made in 1928, but it's as formally sophisticated a movie as you're ever going to get. It's striking how his Stalin-era stuff seems artistically archaic next to this (although, in the long run, they are much better, and much more dangerous. films).

13. Klaas De Roo's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

maffe muziek geschifte timing paard aan brug

14. Samuel T.'s rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

I'd love to share my favorite Russian filmmakers and writers, but I have only a small clue about this very specific history (American, ignorant), so half the time I had no idea what was happening, and frankly, it's okay! Because your senses are being permeated with jaw-jacking images, choreographed like a tidal wave; as a viewer, you're just being pummeled. Enticing moving pictures, and a delight to be a recipient...

15. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

Every idiosyncratic image somehow tightly knit into a beautiful braid(or rather a very attractive montage). I'm hooked by the rythms, I stomp my feet to them as I would do to music, but expiriencing something entirely cinematic!

16. Stefan Drees's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

It's hard to put up with the propagandistic and sometimes denunciatory aspects of this movie. But especially the innovative and virtuosic use of cut and montage techniques appears still modern today.

17. Superfrog's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

Glad to have seen it, one must admit it is not The most entertaining or informative watch even for someone interested in the subject. One could argue the historical significance of the film itself, I won't.

18. keremebrulee's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

A work of art in terms of shooting, sometimes a bit exhausting to follow though

19. Percy's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

So good. Feel bad for the Kronstadt sailers though.

20. dmol's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

Through simple, no-budget often ideas Eisenstein gives lessons in avant garde. Magnificent.

21. ruthlornaadele's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

I first watched this film as part of a History undergrad degree, great then as a window into the shifting currents of the marxism-Leninist version of the Bolshevik October revolution as the Soviet Union embedded into the Stalinist era of leadership. Great on second viewing as a piece of inspiring propaganda cinema for the masses.

22. Yepanchon's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

You will commonly know this movie on account of a few snippets: the horse, the bridge, and some blokes jumping a fence. This is my educated guess. Just sit and swallow it all. Then tell me whether it is not about a bridge, a horse, and some blokes jumping a fence. OK, I give it a bonus to the fact that you can see the hair of a woman slide while a bridge ramp is rising

23. msmichel's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

Eisenstein, who was so far ahead of time in terms of innovation, recreated the revolution here in his state sponsered film. Often brilliant yet perhaps overly simplistic in terms of storytelling at times. Great use of extras with well thought out framing and editing. Various dp's offered several looks to the picture. It's no "Potemkin" or "Ivan" but is an important piece of film history regardless.

24. DELAPAZ's rating of the film October (Ten Days That Shook the World)

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeIn8AduwTg