1. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Odd Man Out

Good script. Good direction. Acting is a bit over the top. As a director, Reed was better when he made "The Third Man" and "Oliver!"

2. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Odd Man Out

3. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film Odd Man Out

4. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Odd Man Out

Law or Humanity? And how in our world they rarely walk side by side. 4.5

5. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film Odd Man Out

Like Renoir said, sometime it's cruel to spend two hours loving some character to see him kill in the end. But we all know some melodramas can't save is characters from is faith. More than being a film about punishing, is a film about faith and is beauty relying on that. How could lovers live their love, if they can't live in this world peacefully? Dying is cruel, but for they is the beginning of new redempted love.

6. bulgrin's rating of the film Odd Man Out

Maybe this is Mason's best work in his career. And Reed's direction is fantastic as is the cinematography in this.

7. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Odd Man Out

Kind of dull, to be honest. I just couldn’t really get into it, and it seemed to drag a little.

8. Renton47's rating of the film Odd Man Out

Given its secondary-canon status, it's easy to forget how strange this film is; the premise of a dying man looking for somewhere to rest his weary bones allows for an ephemeral and heightened quality. It's the draw but also the hindrance, as the necessarily episodic quality prevented me from investing much (similar to 'The 49th Parallel). My sleepy nature helped me relate, but also necessitates a revisit sometime.

9. Ethan's rating of the film Odd Man Out

This is one of the most thrilling films of all time and Carol Reed uses his locations and actors brilliantly to create a suspense that is hardly rivaled. James Mason is brilliant in this as well.

10. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Odd Man Out

11. SpacePirate's rating of the film Odd Man Out

Recently caught this one on TCM. Can't believe it took me so long to see it. For fans of Fallen Idol and Third Man, this is essential viewing.

12. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Odd Man Out

Ante todo, es la historia de un fugitivo. James Mason va de refugio en refugio, cada uno provisional. En su estadía contemplamos a un personaje atormentado, la redención parece pisarle los talones, cuestión que no necesariamente viene de su propia condición, sino de los encuentros furtivos con esos otros personajes que lo acogen. "Larga es la noche" es una historia de amistad, de amor y de gente benevolente.

13. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Odd Man Out

Robert Newton's character is already in Movie History's annals. A fellow reviewer justly pointed out that the scenes before the heist are weaker than the rest of the film and prevent me to consider Odd Man Out as a masterpiece. Highly recommended though.

14. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Odd Man Out

I just couldn't get into this one. Great director. Beautiful cinematography. It just didn't hold my interest.

15. A47's rating of the film Odd Man Out

The dichotomy of fame, faith and the human condition. An elegent plot, baroque style, and caricaturesque characters with depth. Fast moving, exciting action, with a protagonist who can do nothing but depend on his fellow man. Light hearted, with serious consequences. Deftly comic, emensly profound, brave and beautiful. Noir, -no- expressionism, -no- FILM AT ITS FINEST.

16. Ray Dademo's rating of the film Odd Man Out

Irish noir? Yes, please. James Mason is sort of the most passive noir hero of all time -- injured and at the mercy of existential forces. Reed is so amazing: the scenes where we get the world through Mason's eyes are particularly visceral.

17. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Odd Man Out

A moralistic crime drama that would have been superb had it skipped the first 30 minutes. The actual heist and the robbers are the least interesting part of this film. Instead, much like Lang's M, it is the stylized city and the people and groups that inhabit it that bring life to this tale. Some of Reed's surreal touches feel out of place and fail to make the main character any more memorable. Solid nonetheless.

18. El Biffo's rating of the film Odd Man Out

19. José Neves's rating of the film Odd Man Out

Cinematography by Robert Krasker.

20. Guy Budziak's rating of the film Odd Man Out

So I'm probably overstating the obvious by bringing this up, but... why is it that this film has yet to be given the Criterion Treatment? Whereas Reed's other two classics of the late Forties, The Third Man and The Fallen Idol, have? An extraordinary film, in all ways, direction, cinematography, screenplay, performances... If any film is deserving, it's this one.

21. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film Odd Man Out

22. Vlad's rating of the film Odd Man Out

The supporting cast is amazing, overshadowed Mason for me.

23. Edna Sweetlove's rating of the film Odd Man Out

The accents are totally wrong for Belfast. As always, Mason is terrible. Apart than that, very good film.

24. TakaAwesome's rating of the film Odd Man Out

Pretty decent - lost me a little bit in the middle but the solid ending made up for it.