1. kartina obskura's rating of the film Ödenwaldstetten

opposite in its nature and intention but stylistically and with the use of narration very close to social "what we have in our country and how great it is" documentaries. talking about a lot of work and immigrants seems much like germany nowdays. maybe it´s not all in the past, as the end suggests.

2. http://letterboxd.com/James_'s rating of the film Ödenwaldstetten

pulling back the bandages on a German village's economic facelift, while there's still time to observe the scalpel's handiwork — the machinations of capitalist economics have the whole world addicted to this plastic surgery. Even the Holocaust is an endnote. "What belongs to the past has been mowed.”

3. Karthik's rating of the film Ödenwaldstetten

"Was hinter einem ist, ist gemäht" (what's behind one, is mowed down), and so we go on in our rapturous rush to our electronic futures. Although this film doesn't really come to grips with WWII like von Griechenland does, films like it - an essential function of cinema - are precious stays against the erosion of memory, of life-ways, storehouses of alternatives to what we imagine as all but foreclosed: our futures.