1. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

Tasteful, to a fault; I would love to see Lars von Trier do the same exact script. The acting is a kind of pretend realism, which in fact is supremely stylized. This is how Silence, which I anyhow loved, should've felt.

2. choupinet's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

An interesting perspective on a controversial matter. The amazing sequence where the monks listen to Tchaikovsky's classic Swan Lake is very touching and gave me shivers.

3. alphonse's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

Patient, meditative, delicate and honest, Of Gods and Men is a film of an incomparable purity about an act of genuine heroism. Xavier Beauvois created a beautiful and soulful, yet earnest masterwork about a group of brilliantly constructed and fully realized characters and their place in the world, their faith and their challenging moral dilemmas. In just two words, this Grand Prix winner is quietly masterful.

4. Salma Dahab's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

Well done with choosing the actors

5. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

Christianity has always had an uncomfortable comfort with martyrdom: it is a paramount manifestation of suffering and evil in the world, but also a vehicle for Grace. It succeeds in depicting this concept of radical faith, but it doesn't provide answers - those should be made on our own terms. Most fascinating is the film's inevitability of violence: at the beginning we know they'll die. They seem to know it too.

6. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

7. Ahmed Hasan's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

8. El Mau's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

-No tengo miedo de la muerte. Soy un hombre libre-

9. darth_david@msn.com's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

No está mal, pero esperaba algo distinto de una película que ganó el Gran Premio del Jurado en Cannes. Sin duda hay un buen trabajo de dirección, de fotografía y de actuación. Pero le falta algo.

10. Zepo's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

El aislamiento de un monasterio en las montañas de Marruecos. Una historia real, o de menos basada en un hecho histórico. La delicadesa del director de subrayar hasta la tierra en las uñas en una toma. Las épicas actuaciones. Los coros místicos. En fin, un filme que parece alertagado, resulta una joya original.

11. Van Ratajczyk's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

12. ecpaulin@prodigy.net.mx's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

13. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

14. angelicidea's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

A worthy contemplation on society and how to treat those who break the order, even if you risk everything to follow your beliefs. Beautifully composed images and captivating tempo.

15. João Rocha's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

A verdadeira religião esta nos homens, e não nos seus diferentes deuses.

16. tertzak's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

a heavy,ham-handed melodramatic romp. i truly feel for the gradual demise of the liberal tradition in the land of Montesquieu and Aron.

17. DebbieCDC's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

I'm very anxious to see this film. The premise is intriguing.

18. Criteriamor's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

What a load of crock! Good god. Really almost nothing but machismo honor complexes, religious people "reaching out" to people of other religions, and religious martyrdom propaganda. Some of the minutes in the last few minutes were good. But this film is hardly art. Very heavy-handed and just plain stupid.

19. Sarbani Dasgupta's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

The 'last supper' scene with Swan Lake playing in the background and the changing expressions on the monks' faces was truly sublime! Loved watching this movie.

20. danliofer's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

Just for the scene of a mutual respect between a Christian monk and a Muslim rebel it is worth watching... a really very powerful moment...

21. Equeco's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

Outstanding performances and I guess it's that what I enjoyed the most about this film. However, unlike the majority, I did not feel touched and as somone else mentioned I felt pretty much an outsider most of the time. For some reason just couldn't connect with the story or bond with the characters.

22. Thirdi Canggi's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

Restored my faith in the goodness of religion and humanity.

23. tiagovitoria's rating of the film Of Gods and Men

A plenitude do ser humano num filme onde o fino véu da religião se dissolve no mais derradeiro poder da solidão. Mais forte do que a orla da violência, da guerra e do terrorismo, “Dos homens e dos Deuses” é uma viagem pelo escrutínio da serenidade, da compaixão e da luta pelos valores da fé cristã.

24. tffny's rating of the film Of Gods and Men