1. FISCHER's rating of the film Oh, Woe Is Me

Difficile de résumer un film dont l'intrigue n'est que prétexte à citations autant littéraires que musicales. D'aucuns apprécieront, nous sommes demeurés indifférents... www.cinefiches.com

2. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film Oh, Woe Is Me

By far the worst Godard feature I've seen to date. Pointless drivel from start to finish. Two stars for some beautiful image. One of them knocked off again for Gerard Depardieu, whose contributions to the film make Norman Mailer's brief turn in King Lear look Oscar-worthy.

3. Renata A's rating of the film Oh, Woe Is Me

"Voir l'invisible est fatigant"

4. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Oh, Woe Is Me

I loved this at the time, but can't articulate clearly what made it work so well (though I think Godard himself has been critical of the film in interviews).

5. Nicolas Marin.'s rating of the film Oh, Woe Is Me

6. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Oh, Woe Is Me

7. ecstatic truth's rating of the film Oh, Woe Is Me

Watching a Godard film is like going to a dinner party and someone there is being very witty but no one is laughing.

8. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Oh, Woe Is Me

As usual Godard is undone by his own hyperactivity: words, words, words come flying at the audience in rapid dialogues and onscreen script, scenes constantly cut to other scenes before they're through (the film of a man who's always interrupting his thoughts with other thoughts), etc. As it's Godard, it's mighty impressed with itself and not quite as intelligent as it thinks it is. But at least it's easy on the eyes.

9. Who told you this room exists?'s rating of the film Oh, Woe Is Me

10. Spencer Neale's rating of the film Oh, Woe Is Me

Easily my favorite Godard. Incredible, blisteringly phenomenal, hard to describe, in its own category

11. Josh Tierney's rating of the film Oh, Woe Is Me

From the images to the music to the words, this is easily Godard's most beautiful film, and tied with Pierrot le fou as the Godard I've rewatched the most. While it is impossible on the first viewing, it is a revelation on the second. It is best watched as an essay film, with 2 or 3 Things being the closest point of comparison. Do not make the same mistake that Abraham Klimt made by trying to find a story.