1. Ghostman's rating of the film Oki's Movie

A touching comedy about a film school by South Korean filmmaker Hong Sang-Soo. A farcical story involving a female film student, an alcoholic dim-witted male film student, & an older film professor; Oki's Movie is made with a shaggy, lived-in formalism that never condescends above its characters even when it shamelessly rips into them. The finale is very moving & surprisingly introspective for a romantic comedy.

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Oki's Movie

I'm not sure the director really wants you to forget that you're watching a movie. The scenes are often staged in an awkward way, and just when you find yourself finally getting engrossed, there's an awkward zoom to take you right out of story.

3. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Oki's Movie

4. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Oki's Movie

Just another Hong movie about average civilians doing and saying average civilian things, AND THEN SUDDENLY YOUR HEART IS FUCKING BROKEN AND YOU WONDER IF YOU WILL EVER NOT BE ALONE.

5. jchandleroc's rating of the film Oki's Movie

Hong's gaze is unrelenting, yet ultimately sympathetic. To fail is human, especially under the influence of heavy drinking. The use of zoom to scrutinize is prominent here. "Things repeat themselves with differences I can't understand" may be the most poignant assessment of confused early adulthood I've seen in Hong's oeuvre. The brief scene of Jingu and Oki in Song's classroom is utterly transcendent. Lovely.

6. Chasing Butterflies's rating of the film Oki's Movie

7. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Oki's Movie

Hope to see this one someday.

8. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Oki's Movie

College. Film students. Film professors. Drinking. Bars. Late night meals. Hiking. Love. Kissing. Sex. Irrational behavior. Dating. Relationships. Figuring out life. Constant repetition. Failing. Failing a lot. Hong Sang Soo is the quintessential film maker for people in their 20s, especially me.

9. antipioneer's rating of the film Oki's Movie

10. Otie Wheeler's rating of the film Oki's Movie

"Things repeat themselves in ways I can't understand."

11. Zachary Phillip Brailsford's rating of the film Oki's Movie

Sometimes I think that Hong Sang-soo knows me better than I know myself. Wait...who am I kidding? He DOES know me better than I know myself... Savvy

12. Gran-Hoff's rating of the film Oki's Movie

Multidirectional beauty. Concise in its assertions, deep in its meanings. Light and dense at the same time, just a gem!

13. vicsmile's rating of the film Oki's Movie

14. sharunasbresson's rating of the film Oki's Movie

a newfound balance between emotional impact and labyrinthine structure. I think it is his masterpiece, even if an understated one. obviously he is still telling the same fucking story but so what!? Didn't Cezanne always paint the Sainte Victoire? Oh, and the last sentence by the voice over of the last film segment is an amazing coup de theatre!