1. AdaRLD's rating of the film Okja

Un film drôle, touchant, prenant, sur un sujet capital.

2. Nuno Marques's rating of the film Okja

3. Louis Robert's rating of the film Okja

Beautiful film, and a great sensible way to expose the controversial food industry instead of an alarmist documentary.

4. Jeff Heinzl's rating of the film Okja

happy to be vegetarian: to eat no computerized super pigs or even normal golden ones

5. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Okja

This film may have good intentions...but, man, is it sloppy. It tries to be both campy and heartwarming, but those elements just don't blend together here. It's too formulaic and crude to be a serious adult film, and it's too vulgar (unnecessarily so) and political for younger audiences. Plus, as with "Snowpiercer," Joon-Ho's social commentary lacks substance and is about as subtle as an atomic bomb.

6. Linda's rating of the film Okja

cried a lot, felt sick a lot. I really hope that people would make the connection to actual animal cruelty! go fucking vegan!

7. Lívia Loos's rating of the film Okja

8. ayundya's rating of the film Okja

9. lidiishere's rating of the film Okja

I love that one scene when Mija released a baby fish caught in her net to the river, and went only with the bigger one. it's like, you don't necessarily have to be a vegan to respect the nature. all you have to do is to be grateful for what nature gives you and consume only as needed. isn't such deed beautiful?

10. Joao Domingues's rating of the film Okja

The truth is that when you google "ALF", the first hits are not stories of the brave men and women who fight for the innumerable voiceless "Okjas" being treated as commodities, and slaughtered every second of everyday. No, what comes up instead, what is still apparently more relevant, is an American sitcom from the 80s. Hopefully, this heart wrenching friendship story will raise some deserved and needed awareness

11. Blue Roses's rating of the film Okja

12. Görkem Demir's rating of the film Okja

13. Diderot's rating of the film Okja

A cute and absorbing story with strong performances from Ahn Seo-hyun, Tilda Swinton, and Jake Gyllenhaal's legs.

14. Linn's rating of the film Okja

The wonderful, imaginative, magical journey of a little girl trying to save her fried Okja, the gigantic, gen-manipulated super pig. While the plot description sounds more than just a little nuts, the film presents a heart-warming story about the modern food-industry without being priggish or indoctrinating. A must-watch, especially for Miyazaki fans.

15. nadnab's rating of the film Okja

16. Sarah's rating of the film Okja

I liked this perception by Kelley Dong in her review here on mubi: »With no hesitation Mija ventures out to save her. Along the way, she destroys an entire catalogue of capitalist memorabilia: a gold pig, a piggy bank, a pristine office, an entire shopping mall, various cars and trucks.« (https://mubi.com/notebook/posts/review-some-pig-bong-joon-ho-s-okja)

17. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Okja

18. Jonia Caon's rating of the film Okja

I have no words, only tears hahah

19. Yosef Sidharta's rating of the film Okja

Always love overall intimate feeling between human and animal - how the connection is built upon over time. I also love how serene the setting of the first few minutes. It amazed me when I first saw Okja, the CGI integration was working well. Anh Seo Hyun gave a remarkable performance in this one. Beautiful movie overall, making me want to stay in remote area in Korea.

20. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Okja

A mix of sense, sensibility and splashes of humour. Loved it.

21. Marcelo Baldin's rating of the film Okja

Below the hype, the movie is just okay. Entertaining and a good message about industrialization of farming. Besides that, low performances from everyone involved and an obvious plot.

22. jeanlice's rating of the film Okja

Bong Joon-Hoo packing his social criticism of a story in a gaudy wrapper full of zany and loud cardboard characters (tremendous portrayals by Swinton & Gyllenhaal) fits perfectly into 2017 as a metaphor for our times, yet as a film suffers under the pacing, its hopscotch approach regarding drama/comedy, and a crammed script that's too one-sided by interchanging its dichotomies of good vs evil and emotion vs profit.

23. Rebeca Magnus's rating of the film Okja

I love Bong Joon-Ho's way to bring out the worst of humans. Making them seem ridiculous and harmless. Yet in real life they are not. Beautiful and captivating movie.

24. film_lies101's rating of the film Okja

That's me off Pork for a while

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7