1. alcecabron1957's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

Fascinante , simplemente fascinante .

2. honovic's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

I'm a big proponent of taking any opportunity to witness a master perform his/her craft, be it a Clouzot film of Picasso painting in his studio, or still seeing Bob Dylan perform well into his 70s. Listening to the late Oleg Karavaichuk is, of course, inspiring but it turns magical when juxtaposed with his poetic exploration of dissonance revealing chords, as well as the importance of a good shirt.

3. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

4. Zac Weber's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

Oleg is a singular character, and while his thoughts are amusing, the intimate performances were unforgettable. I was particularly gripped by the scene with Czar Nicholas' elaborate piano and Oleg's bowed fingers dancing across the keys. I chuckled when he referred to "my divine style, my divine rhythm." At times his theories are rambling and obscure, but I'm glad Oleg trusted Duque to make this film.

5. m00njaguar's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

The portrait of a fascinating eccentric, a musical gnome intoxicated with music, a manifestation of 19th-century sensibilities who survived Stalin and outlived the Soviet Union, anachronistic in the 21st century. Brilliant and beautifully shot, an aesthetic treat.

6. Adam Góralczyk's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

7. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

An interesting, and some might say even legendary, subject is given suitably reverential treatment in this enjoyable, slight, documentary that celebrates her life.

8. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

This artist is the man of a different age.

9. zoerose's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

What's an artist without dissonances and consonances? Oleg Karavaychuk was a genius full of contradictions, that admired Stalin but lived his whole life loving Catherine the Great and being inspired by playing on the tsar's antique piano.The film is dedicated to capture the uncaptivated psyche of a rare artist, a music whisperer who lived a life as an absolute embodiment of beauty emanating as art from his fingers.

10. Charlie's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

Extraordinaria. Me dejó impactada la sensibilidad de este músico, compositor, artista y ni se diga su manera de tocar el piano. Lo mejor de todo fue el monólogo del final. Con gusto volvería a verla.

11. jayshukla12's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

Beautiful and well made film about the life of the legendary composer Oleg Karavaychuk.Watch out for the nuances from the young director.Definitely a master touch as a documentary.

12. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

The artists I admire most are the musicians: they demand nothing from you but a pure emotional reaction. The scene with the russian anthem is sublime. Static long shots are often used as a lazy shortcut to profoundity (I'm looking at you, Of Gods and Men) but here they are used to find life through art.

13. captainfez's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

Hat goals: Proof that when you reach a certain age you can do whatever the fuck you like.

14. darioscha's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

"El día que muera la música clásica entonces volverá a nacer otra vez mi árbol"

15. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2016/10/07/oleg-y-las-raras-artes-andres-duque/

16. henk@loftmatic.com's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

Final score: 7. Storyline: 7, Originality: 8, Cinematography: 8, Involvement: 6, Sound: 7, Editing: 8, Educational: 8, Title design: 6, Acting: 7, Interesting: 9, Unusual: 10, Exciting: 6, Superior: 7

17. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

The film observes a true eccentric as Oleg is showcased as she walks around the Hermitage. She speaks her mind openly, having strong and unique views of the world. She speaks from experience and explains her reasoning through anecdotes. Some are poignant and charming, but I found some to fall flat, not capturing the imagination. Where she comes to life though is playing a piano. That is when beauty is truly captured.

18. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

Mesmerising, enchanting, dazzling, and I’m running out of words. I can’t be thankful enough that Duque was there to capture Oleg on digital celluloid just before he passed away. Duque’s personal style combined with the literary character makes this document a treasure.

19. panagiotatos's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

6/10, an interesting glimpse of a genius. Not thorough but quite effective.

20. lou.'s rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

An exquisite and magnificent piano & composition lesson by Oleg Karavajchuck, who plays splendidly long on a piece of antique, precious instrument and gives the deepest sense of sacred. At a first sight, you wouldn't give him 2cents, but his words and touch on the keyboard are nothing but a precious gift.

21. Fernando Ospina Serna's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

Un gran documental. La música es hermosa, el genio maravillosos y el museo interesante. Es una gran manera de descubrir a este prodigio.

22. mgaspa's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

Raro, sorprendente, critico y a la vez muy tierno y creativo. Buena idea !

23. P D Dawson's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

Oleg Karavaichuk is a very strange character and you get the sense Duque didn't have to do much to create this documentary, apart from put up with its subjects eccentricities. Oleg tends to go off on fleeting tangents as unpredictable and dissonant as his music. But even so, it is the weird eccentricities of character that make this film so worth watching. I can't say I agree with Oleg's views on classical music.

24. noemi's rating of the film Oleg and the Rare Arts

the music plays the musician.