1. blkrchs's rating of the film Oliver!

2. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Oliver!

Ron Moody, Shani Wallis, Oliver Reed, and Jack Wild all make up for the weakness of Mark Lester (who is, to be fair, saddled with a lead character who just isn't as interesting as the supporting players). Most of the songs are great, although a couple really aren't ("Where Is Love?" makes my ears bleed), and the 2 1/2 hour runtime flies by.

3. Al Green's rating of the film Oliver!

It's hard to be objective about this film. I grew up with it and seen it over a dozen times. It has a particular resonance for a Londoner like me too. The voices and characters are still out there. The songs are beautiful ( check out John Lucien's superb cover https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sbNPKwGDJ4 ) The sets and choreography are great.

4. Log Lady's rating of the film Oliver!

Not my type of musical (too chipper despite the undercurrent of abuse and thievery and whatnot), but I've got to admire the attention to detail, achieved Dickensian atmosphere, and the singing talent.

5. redux's rating of the film Oliver!

Pretty mindblowing. The tension between the gruesome aspects of Dickens' book and the idea of musical makes it work big time.

6. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film Oliver!

The least interesting character in Oliver! is Oliver. I don't know if that is the fault of the film or the musical itself. Thankfully Fagin, Dodger and Nancy are there to liven things up a bit.

7. Hani's rating of the film Oliver!

8. Mikhael Tarigan's rating of the film Oliver!

As a film or adaptation, it has shallow story. But the technical aspects in this film make up for it, like the choreography and the songs and especially Artful Dodger.

9. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Oliver!

Almost a final hurrah for the large scale musical and a handsomely realised production at that, full of splendid musical numbers, rich caricatures and some magnificent sets. Not quite the chocalately confection you might expect with a pleasingly dark undercurrent of murder and danger cutting against the generally jolly vibe. It all works a treat.

10. CRW's rating of the film Oliver!