1. msmichel's rating of the film On Body and Soul

TIFF '17 Enyedi's first feature in 18 years is a strange but wonderful film that like her earlier work weaves magic and hope into the most bleak of places. Two abattoir workers find themselves having shared dreams of being deer in a pastoral setting but the barriers they've built around themselves both physical and mental seem to thwart them being together. Performances by leads Morcsanyi and Borbely are superb.

2. Taib Mou's rating of the film On Body and Soul

3,5 Although full of beautiful scenery, in the dreams, or while she dips her hand in the potato plant, we weren't introduced properly to the two characters

3. caeletur's rating of the film On Body and Soul

the first sequence is really beautifully shot

4. Justin Frujine's rating of the film On Body and Soul

Good music & cinematography. Authentic grim atmosphere lasting throughout the whole movie, successfully bonding the two plans (real-life universe and dream universe). However, the main characters (especially Maria) heavily lack backstory, which makes them feel incomplete. Maria's mental issues and condition could have been exploited so much more, which also applies to Endre and Maria's interpersonal relationship.

5. Loud Rocks's rating of the film On Body and Soul

6. luminous's rating of the film On Body and Soul

It has a beautiful cinematography and an almost perfect story, drama interlocking subtle comedy (although I must admit I am too an introvert and I didn't find funny some scenes, while many people around me were laughing copiously). In my opinion, I can read too much haughtiness into the directors' choices of characters for the two psychologists. Or is the irony for everyone? I'm wondering on whose side she is...

7. diana's rating of the film On Body and Soul

8. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film On Body and Soul

such a fucking beatiful movie it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it

9. melis.'s rating of the film On Body and Soul

10. Alex's rating of the film On Body and Soul

11. Ieva Šukytė's rating of the film On Body and Soul

12. afuchs's rating of the film On Body and Soul

A rather stale narrative that easily falls apart and does not prove to be more than the sum of its elements, with some substantial visual beauty to it.

13. Aukse's rating of the film On Body and Soul