1. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film On Body and Soul

Another dreamy work of art from writer-director Ildikó Enyedi. Animal lovers beware that some of the early scenes set in a slaughterhouse are distressing. Acting is solid, the script fleshes out some enjoyably odd characters (the two leads are rather introverted, coming together when they realise they have spent some nights having the same dreams), and the final result is both entertaining and thought-provoking.

2. Stefan Drees's rating of the film On Body and Soul

A film full of tenderness and small gestures, beautifully photographed (also in the unsettling slaughterhouse scenes) and full of fine visual details.

3. Dan and Val Freeman's rating of the film On Body and Soul

Astounding, unexpected, beautiful, gentle, subtle (although be warned there are one or two graphic scenes in a slaughterhouse and one brief graphic sexual image). Meant to watch just 20 minutes and was amazed when 50 minutes flew by and the next hour was just as great.

4. keithinhull@gmail.com's rating of the film On Body and Soul

This is pretty close to being my film of the year . at times its almost heartbreakingly sad two people who find life just so difficult . Brilliant performances by the two lead actors . Deserves a much bigger audience

5. Mike's rating of the film On Body and Soul

An ecstatic experience...

6. Superfrog's rating of the film On Body and Soul

Odd thing, pretentious, you guess from the first 15 minutes that it is going to fall flat, and it somewhat does, but you still want to see the next bit. This would be a case of bad story good plot, I guess ? The deer scenes are very beautiful. The abattoir scenes good to show.

7. Scott Pack's rating of the film On Body and Soul

8. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film On Body and Soul

Wonderfully composed and thoroughly engaging. At times there was a little voice in my head whispering 'Amelie' but for the most part the performances and the scenario are as gripping as they are understated as the film works through the experiences of those who rarely receive any sensitivity from others due to their personality but who yearn for a fuller, freer experience.

9. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film On Body and Soul

Enjoyed, but I was hoping for something with a little more mystique.

10. Lucia's rating of the film On Body and Soul

11. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film On Body and Soul

Stunning Masterpiece, Utter Humane Beauty...

12. Pango's rating of the film On Body and Soul

I'm incredibly surprised how emotionally involved I was with this film. I was put off by the graphic visceral violence at the beginning, but I ultimately it's probably one of the most surreal and beautifully told love story in recent history. Can anyone in the Mubi community explain me why so many Hungarian films I've seen, portraits graphic violence towards animals in slaughterhouses? Is it a recurring theme?

13. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film On Body and Soul

The deer and people were interesting, I wanted to see more of how that part of the story unfolded. But there was too much of the abbatoir for me, I couldn't carry on watching.

14. SamSalt's rating of the film On Body and Soul

Beautiful film. I was struck by the fact the camera was never placed where I expected it to be, guiding me to look at the events in a different way than the normal style of modern films.

15. Shane Ewen's rating of the film On Body and Soul

Beautifully directed and shot, the focus on bodies - of butchered animals, disabled bodies, clinical sex, self-harm etc - overrides the more emotional aspects of the film, which are more muted. Rather funny in parts, especially in a scene set in a park.

16. Neil Boothman's rating of the film On Body and Soul

Thoroughly enjoyed this film, beautifully shot (certainly not one for the faint of heart in select scenes) and softly paced story of two quite different characters finding love through quite unique circumstances and shared experiences.

17. Miller's Crossing's rating of the film On Body and Soul

Beautifully shot but a little theoretical. It's hard to feel anything for characters with no backstory. Smart, talented but not heartfelt direction. Feels a bit like your usual indie movie full of quirk and unjustified arty choices (why set up the movie in a slaughterhouse when it has no incidence on the story?) Still a nice watch but not memorable.

18. Bilouaustria's rating of the film On Body and Soul

I don't know if the film deserved its prize because it's not exactly subtle but somehow it still won me. Enyedi doesn't offer a cinema we've already seen over and over again, she tries here and there to tell a story her own way. Some images are beautiful but, hey, everybody makes beautiful images today. The love story, despite the solid acting, is a bit heavy, not so well written. Mixed feelings.

19. keith's rating of the film On Body and Soul

I’m trying to keep the abattoir images as thematic during the whole film. I think it falls down in this. However, a wonderful film.

20. Yvonx S's rating of the film On Body and Soul

Slow and deep as water below a frozen pond, this is a story that daydreams through waking life and escapes to a distant dream world that liberates hidden emotions. A film that's subtle, has intricacies, and confronts us with our human frailty and with our barbarism. Red and white, blood and snow - it uses stark realism sliced through the underbelly with deep dreaming of kinder ways of being.

21. saitosouta's rating of the film On Body and Soul

After finishing this, I thought at first about not movie itself, but Paul Verhoeven, who gives this movie golden bear even if he made such brutal and lascivious movies. I saw his delicate sensibility behind his grotesque heart.

22. Armanti's rating of the film On Body and Soul

The tone of the film was a bit down for almost the whole duration. At the end, Ildikó Enyedi came up with a sick and significant end which leaves you perplexed, but at the same time comprehensive about a significant social issue like loneliness.

23. Fiona's rating of the film On Body and Soul

this is one of the loveliest films I’ve ever seen

24. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film On Body and Soul

Lovely script. Fabulous performances. Intriguing director, who has made only two feature films. Thanks for introducing the music of Laura Marlin, which is magnetic. Hungarian cinema is back with class! My full review is at http://moviessansfrontiers.blogspot.in/2017/12/216-hungarian-director-ildiko-enyedis.html