1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film On Death Row

Illuminates the basic humanity of the interviewees, however wretched their crimes, but 'On Death Row' also demonstrates Herzog's limitations as an interviewer (highlighting, by contrasts, the strengths of Errol Morris and Louis Theroux or even, at his best, Nick Broomfield). He needed that interview with James Barnes' father (which I think Theroux would have got) and hits a brick wall with Feldman. Bracingly earnest.

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film On Death Row

Two prisoners claiming their innocence and three other prisoners accepting their fate. In the four episodes of this first season, Werner Herzog does a wonderful job to make these prisoners talk. They're human beings with hopes, regrets and above all dreams. In most cases, the legal system failed at some point and, be they guilty or not, we don't have the right to ignore it because it's more convenient. Masterpiece.

3. tenonder's rating of the film On Death Row

4. Aflwydd's rating of the film On Death Row

Channel 4 is not airing the episode with Linda Carty because they have already aired a documentary about her. I assume it aired in the US, but I can't find any means of watching, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

5. Inner Pattern's rating of the film On Death Row

Great companion piece to 'Into The Abyss.'