1. blavatskya's rating of the film On the Road

2. Anarcisos's rating of the film On the Road

Not exactly what Kerouac's novel needed.

3. Corriel's rating of the film On the Road

A good film for a well adapted book, transcribing its atmosphere. (3.5)

4. Válter Venâncio's rating of the film On the Road

They turned On The Road on a pretty boys and girls gone wild.

5. madtobesaved's rating of the film On the Road

If Carolyn Cassady doesn't approve of this film and finds it a mockery to both Neal and Jack, then I do as well. A true figure of the movement has spoken on it and I personally don't think that's to be disputed.

6. Milly Hampton's rating of the film On the Road

exactly the movie I expected it to be...

7. apriccot's rating of the film On the Road

8. Arf's rating of the film On the Road

9. raggiodisole's rating of the film On the Road

Easy and freewheeling. The book is my first and only true love, but i'm not comparing. A world of sadness and madness, and travel galore. like fond memoires of and old friend

10. Kivanc Arda's rating of the film On the Road

not a bad film at all. it has been a while since I read the book but the film gave me the sense of the road again and that is all that matters i guess.

11. DrFirestone's rating of the film On the Road

This film is absolutely beautiful visually: the photography, camerawork, locations; they all amazingly emit that late 40's vibe. Great cast and acting. It's was a crazy and inspiring ride from the start to the end, I enjoyed it, plus it wants you to learn more about that interesting time and The Beat movement. NOTE: I do not compare this film to the book or analyse how true or not this film is to The Beat Generation.

12. Temi Cheke's rating of the film On the Road

everybody is in love with everybody and nobody at the same time. I really wanted to like it but no.

13. Adam Rapley's rating of the film On the Road

An exquisitely shot tragedy; beautifully directed. Accompanied by an emotive and perfectly balanced soundtrack, this film carves out its intricate path of sinusoidally arranged themes and motifs with immense beauty. Reminiscent of Japanese 'haiku literature', this paradoxically warm-in-tone film is interspersed with equally warm, lilting prose that leaves an indelible impression on its observers. Unmissable.

14. Crina Cătălina's rating of the film On the Road

15. Firey's rating of the film On the Road

Not as bad as I'd feared. Some beautiful scenes, some great jazz. Made me long, somewhat ironically, for a wordless travelogue.

16. Tja's rating of the film On the Road

Not a likable movie as the male protagonists are: selfish; misogamistic; petty criminals who plunder their fellow working-class; and, probably smell. The real strength of OTR is in the prose, so this valiant filmed attempt to intervene between the players' experiences and ourselves ends up reducing the richness of the road trip.

17. alimcintyre's rating of the film On the Road

It's years since I read the novel but this seemed to have very little connection with it. Great book, so-so movie. Entertaining enough though.

18. W.L. Morris's rating of the film On the Road

How I wanted to love this but it was predictably disappointing.. Listless with uncharismatic actors. Waste of everyones time.

19. come-in-alone's rating of the film On the Road

Not a big fan of the book (even if it was a brilliant read) but decided to give this film a try anyway. Waste of time, so dull, artificial and annoyingly "glamorous". Too much focus in trying to be cool rather than on the book's actual content.

20. somerseson's rating of the film On the Road

On The Road is not meant to be filmed. Walter Salles does a great job in finding a compromise to bring the story to the screen - omitting what he had to omit. This doesn't feel overdone or underdeveloped. it is just right. After being lukewarm to this film initially I have grown to appreciate it. I think about this film a lot, and the overall tone of it pinpoints what is important about the beat generation.

21. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film On the Road

The Beat Generation continues to defeat film makers. Another grindingly earnest and dull account.

22. Luca Sage's rating of the film On the Road

23. cinegeek.de's rating of the film On the Road

Jack Kerouac's “On the Road” ist ohne Frage einer der Meilensteine moderner amerikanischer Literatur, mehr noch, der Inbegriff der Beat Generation! Walter Salles Verfilmung wirft nun die Frage auf, wieviel "Story" eigentlich in dem Werk steckt?(...)

24. Kamran's rating of the film On the Road

[REVIEW] 65/100 (2.5) - ON THE ROAD (Salles, 2012) 'a different story with parallel happenings'...The problem isn't that On The Road is a bad film but that it is an inauthentic adaptation of a great novel Read review: http://aestheticsofthemind.com/2016/03/15/on-the-road-salles-2012/