1. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

2. samuele90's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Ci sta Zulawski che: fa il found footage; che sostuisce le parti censurate con lui che le racconta a voce; che ricrea una sorta di storia biblica dall'Eden a Cristo, tutto svoltato sul grottesco e il disperato; guerre fra uomini e uomini-uccello; ambientazioni che vanno dalla preistoria al Medioevo, dal 1800 al futuro, tutto svoltato sul grottesco e il disperato. Io non c'ho capito un cazzo, raga', ma è bello bello.

3. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Rewatch of a restored DCP. Easily Z's most ambitious film and in some ways his best. It's fitting that we the viewers are fated to only ever see what is essentially a fragment, just as the astronauts at the start of the film do. A 'complete' version would be fragmented anyway, since we could never grasp the entire scope of the world that grandfather and grandson created.

4. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

5. subtonal's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

6. dordairobert's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

7. Śākyamuni's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Apocalisse replicata. On The Silver Globe descrive gli esseri umani come fossero una riedizione, un rimpasto fatiscente di un'utopia primordiale, primaria, "introduttiva"; è l'imperiturio ritornare dell'Uno. È lo stallo definitivo derivato dal mito. Un film massacrante e massacrato, ipercinetico e irripetibile, febbrile e annichilente. Un capolavoro "(im)mortale".

8. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Too Avant-Garde for my taste I'd say. Love the aesthetic and visual aspect of the scenery, but the narrative lost me completely.

9. dan_mt's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Most epic film ever! the ending was a little slow and missing but it's forgiven.

10. bulgrin's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

What could this have been without the intervention of the Polish government at that time, and what a big loss that this couldn't be finished. But what we have here is still exceptional, and an original in every sense. This is special!

11. Domenico Ricucci's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

12. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Possibly among the craziest and darkest films ever created in the futuristic-scifi genre. Length of the film is slightly uncomfortable, certain scenes are quite disturbing, goofy or useless but the whole message regarding the future of humanity, loss and heritage makes sense. Some sequences are anthologic, touching and meaningful. Dystopian post-human madness.

13. sacajawèale's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

14. Ryan Swen's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Texture is lord of the warriors.

15. Matthew Martens's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

"There are rumors that the sea did not part when you looked at it." On the Silver Globe lends itself equally to at least two extreme reactions, the first being dumbstruck awe and the second being a compulsive mania for exegesis and contextualization, between which the receptive viewer oscillates in abject fascination. https://bostonhassle.com/on-the-silver-globe-1988-dir-andrzej-zulawski/

16. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

17. Mauro Pagano's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

18. Samuel T.'s rating of the film On the Silver Globe

re-watch. Another five re-watches might suffice.

19. Federico Boswarlos's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Actually unlike any movie I've seen before.

20. soniczny's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Miraculous surprise. A gem well-ahead of it's times.

21. Lintang A.'s rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Seriously, how the hell Mr. Zulawski made this unfinished piece of greatness at that time?

22. Luis Pires's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

What a gorgeous film, I wish I had seen this in a cinema. Those costumes are all incredible.

23. HSBilly's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

insane, fucking insane. makes me want to read the lunar trilogy.

24. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

It's hard for me to determine whether a review for an incomplete film is necessarily fair. Oddly enough, the lack of completion fits the narrative really well, as its plot is disjointed and its characters are rambling, incoherent, emoting philosophers, all with the goal of trying to establish order from the seemingly hopeless, random chaos that is the birth of their civilization outside of Earth. Very interesting.

← Previous 1 3 4