1. Lex Lucas's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

2. Anca.'s rating of the film On the Silver Globe

"I carry my own space in me."

3. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

some beautiful shots when it's not on selfie mode

4. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Zulawski worked on a sci-fi nightmare set on a planet of pure torment, sadly the production was interrupted due to political reasons and all film was ordered to be destroyed. Luckily what remained was reconstructed and released 11 years later. A crying shame that it never got to be completed but what was shot is pure artistic insanity, and I love every bit of it.

5. rllr's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Genesis and The Gospel according to Zulawski.

6. MisterColo93's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

7. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

8. samuele90's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Ci sta Zulawski che: fa il found footage; che sostuisce le parti censurate con lui che le racconta a voce; che ricrea una sorta di storia biblica dall'Eden a Cristo, tutto svoltato sul grottesco e il disperato; guerre fra uomini e uomini-uccello; ambientazioni che vanno dalla preistoria al Medioevo, dal 1800 al futuro, tutto svoltato sul grottesco e il disperato. Io non c'ho capito un cazzo, raga', ma è bello bello.

9. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Rewatch of a restored DCP. Easily Z's most ambitious film and in some ways his best. It's fitting that we the viewers are fated to only ever see what is essentially a fragment, just as the astronauts at the start of the film do. A 'complete' version would be fragmented anyway, since we could never grasp the entire scope of the world that grandfather and grandson created.

10. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

11. subtonal's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

12. dordairobert's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

13. Śākyamuni's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Apocalisse replicata. On The Silver Globe descrive gli esseri umani come fossero una riedizione, un rimpasto fatiscente di un'utopia primordiale, primaria, "introduttiva"; è l'imperiturio ritornare dell'Uno. È lo stallo definitivo derivato dal mito. Un film massacrante e massacrato, ipercinetico e irripetibile, febbrile e annichilente. Un capolavoro "(im)mortale".

14. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Too Avant-Garde for my taste I'd say. Love the aesthetic and visual aspect of the scenery, but the narrative lost me completely.

15. MR: doesn't matter's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Most epic film ever! the ending was a little slow and missing but it's forgiven.

16. bulgrin's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

What could this have been without the intervention of the Polish government at that time, and what a big loss that this couldn't be finished. But what we have here is still exceptional, and an original in every sense. This is special!

17. Domenico Ricucci's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

18. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Possibly among the craziest and darkest films ever created in the futuristic-scifi genre. Length of the film is slightly uncomfortable, certain scenes are quite disturbing, goofy or useless but the whole message regarding the future of humanity, loss and heritage makes sense. Some sequences are anthologic, touching and meaningful. Dystopian post-human madness.

19. sacajawèale's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

20. Ryan Swen's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

Texture is lord of the warriors.

21. Matthew Martens's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

"There are rumors that the sea did not part when you looked at it." On the Silver Globe lends itself equally to at least two extreme reactions, the first being dumbstruck awe and the second being a compulsive mania for exegesis and contextualization, between which the receptive viewer oscillates in abject fascination. https://bostonhassle.com/on-the-silver-globe-1988-dir-andrzej-zulawski/

22. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

23. Mauro Pagano's rating of the film On the Silver Globe

24. Samuel T.'s rating of the film On the Silver Globe

re-watch. Another five re-watches might suffice.

← Previous 1 3 4