1. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film On the Town

All in all, I can't particularly say I cared for it, outside of the music and dance scenes. Setting aside the overly earnest corniness, what really brings the film down is the third act. The film allows its consequences to snowball and then attempts to sweep them under the rug in a way that breaks suspension of disbelief, and there really isn't a satisfying conclusion for Ivy. It's overall fun, but a bit half-baked.

2. Alex Pintică's rating of the film On the Town

3. Nolan Barth's rating of the film On the Town

Is this the best musical? No. Not even close. Gene Kelly himself has been involved with some better musicals over the years. However this film does have a certain charm. Maybe I am just blinded by my nostalgia, but I can't get enough of this film! This is Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra and Ann Miller all at the top of their game! What else do you even need?

4. Aardsy's rating of the film On the Town

Those guys wanna fuck.

5. SpacePirate's rating of the film On the Town

Were there better musicals? Yes, and most by Kelly, but damned if this one isnt pure fun all the way through. For sheer entertainment purposes, this may be the finest made. The Prehistoric Man number featuring the great Ann Miller and her seemingly endless legs is a highpoint, as is the title song. I was grinning ear to ear thoughout the picture. Pure escapism. 5 easy stars

6. Ajfunmi's rating of the film On the Town

this takes me back to the good old days of watching the TNT's old classic movies which came on after cartoon network. Very Nostalgic.

7. daaniieel's rating of the film On the Town

Many songs were cut, but still enjoyable.

8. Log Lady's rating of the film On the Town

My rating stems from my dislike of these type of old Hollywood musicals with long dance numbers and forgettable songs, so there's not much to say. It seems this one is once again carried by Gene Kelly's charisma and nothing else.

9. peaches and plums's rating of the film On the Town

franks empire state song is the sweetest

10. britney spears's rating of the film On the Town

That Cave Man looks a lot like Dustin Hoffman

11. AKFilmFan's rating of the film On the Town

While the lack of Bernstein's songs is unfortunate the film is a joyous and fun musical with great songs and energetic performances by the cast.