1. Ramzi's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

Weighty. The final portion is interesting, and is growing on me the more I think about it, but was still less convincing than the rest of the film. Nevertheless, it says something when you wish a 4 hour film was longer.

2. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

A stone-cold classic that feels increasingly awkward with age. Far too long for it's own good, and not as epic as it sets out to be. Sexual violence as a passing plot point does not help either.

3. John's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

Quite simply a masterpiece in storytelling despite some sets looking staged, the acting being a bit wooden and the fake blood shining bright orange. Director Sergio Leone delivers the full brutality you would expect from a New York gangster movie but surprises you with delicate emotions of love, friendship and regret.

4. Richard Francis Smithson's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

If you enjoyed this film please read the following essay... http://www.onceuponatimeinamerica.net/resources/godden.pdf

5. keith's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

Nothing is what you expect. Compassion even is a double-edged sword; you feel for the most contemptible characters. A sort of poetry.

6. Valerie McCarthy's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

It would have been fantastic if I could actually watch the movie but once again (too often) MUBI fails to stream. I am beginning to take it personally... In terms of technical performance Netflix definitely has the edge. Unfortunately it doesn’t have the movies. All I want to do is watch a good film...

7. M_Kao's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

Would love to watch again but cannot launch the movie via the app on iPad…

8. uberto.rapisardi01@gmail.com's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

9. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

The final and most profound cooperation between Sergio Leone and Ennio Morricone. The narrative structure with its time leaps is fascinating, and there is hardly a more convincing flashback in cinema than the first memories of the past triggered by the glance through the hole in the wall (with a fine musical development of the friendship theme leading to this moment and opening it to "Amapola" as Deborah's theme).

10. DenoResandono's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

At first, I thought this movie is like other gangster movies. I guess I was wrong about that. ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA is a solid gangster movie. It's a different kind. It tells about a group of Jewish gangster. Also, it has a non-linear storytelling. It kinda reminds me of THE GODFATHER: PART II. Somehow, this movie gave me a new perspective of American dream. One of the great movie from director Sergio Leone...

11. mt.fuji's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

The same pacing and tone that succeeds with such bravado in Italian westerns fails to translate to Jewish gangsters in New York.

12. MisterColo93's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

13. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

14. ryan brennan's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

Leone's ability to create a film this extensive, and have the story live and breathe within the smallest moments on screen is downright mastery. The opening hour attracts us into the story in near silence, then breaks the introductory and closing narrative away from the revenge subgenre predictability and explores the permanency of regret and memory. Is it a nihilistic or accurate take on the American dream? Both.

15. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

16. Bruno's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

Quase três anos desde que o havia visto. Este filme tem tanta mentira. Mas a mentira verdade se torna, esta nostalgia da inocência brutal, e o amor e o ódio e a carícia e a violência se confundem. Apesar das declarações de Leone a este respeito, o filme não me parece tão acrítico assim em relação aos seus protagonistas. Mas a premissa é uma de um mundo de vencedores e vencidos, o mãos limpas deixou afinal (...)

17. jonijtr's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

A beautiful big piece, and a majestic swan song of Leone's love to America, Once Upon a Time in America is probably one of the most grandeur, epic gangster film ever made with such big scope and non-linear storytelling, giving Leone more chance to expanding his storytelling.

18. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

Rivedendolo dopo anni l'ho amato anche più di quanto lo amassi prima. Oltre la semplice storia dei bambini nel ghetto, è un film che mostra la disillusione adulta di Leone, rispetto quelli che erano i suoi grandi sogni americani di bambino. Un passaggio dalla sua patria ed il suo amato genere western verso le stelle e le strisce, il tutto filmato con magnificenza. Pietra miliare.

19. ihor's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

Leone's epic is a grand tale of mythology over pure realism. A tale that at times, particularly in some majestic shots, transcends human experience in a unique historical American era. Too often though Leone is bogged down in the epic scale over his fascination with manliness and violence grating. A sort of 20th century attempt at creating Homeric like epic is out of place often appearing obtuse and contrived.

20. -REM-'s rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

21. Freakyfilm's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

22. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

Just a teeny-tiny bit too rapey. Leone was bit disrespectful of DeNiro as well. He said that DeNiro was a great actor, but not a star. Like Clint Eastwood. Great roles for the men, and surprisingly not so much for the women.

23. El Biffo's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America

I love this screenshot of the Down-Under-The-Bridge neighborhood in Brooklyn.

24. mac le mac's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in America