1. MisterColo93's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

2. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

3. bartkl's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

From the immediate start it's clear this film's a visual beauty. Its tranquil style is really pleasant to watch, its pace meditative and its humor authentic and seriously good. I did feel annoyingly encouraged to focus too much on the plot, which made me lose sight (for a while) of the actual layer of importance: the existential one. The plot is arbitrary, this film is about people, about life. Very good film.

4. Crina Cătălina's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

5. Tuba Özgilik's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

6. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

7. ammar's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

8. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

I can't say for sure what this movie is about. But what I got from it is a doctor coolly observing the antagonisms in Turkish society, or the discord between its modernized parts and the countryside, before slowly incorporating what he witnessed from the outside at first. What I can say is that it is shot in a way so enthralling. Malick meets Kiarostami.

9. alphonse's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

Once Upon a Time in Anatolia is simultaneously one of the most mature and well crafted procedural films of our time and one of the most human, thoughtful & subtly constructed philosophical meditations on life, death and family ties. Once again, Nuri Bilge Ceylan proves he is one of the most unique and important voices of contemporary cinema with yet another refreshing masterpiece.

10. ceknklsn's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

11. elif jazel's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

amazing acting! the film is very realistic. daily life, investigation process, lack of facilities.. you will watch a bit of everything happening in Anatolia. although it was very slow, I was lost in the story. and I really liked the idea of intertwined stories.

12. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

13. AdaRLD's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

Une chouette critique : http://www.iletaitunefoislecinema.com/critique/4909/il-etait-une-fois-en-anatolie

14. güneycan's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

Another NBC film expanding on the eclectic relationship of the urban intellect with the rural. And yet again he leaves you a looooot of space to build your own narrative. Beautiful human landscapes.

15. Halil Küçükyıldız's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

3 kere izledim, herhalde bir 3 kez daha izleyebilirim. geniş plan ve uzun sekanslara rağmen insanı asla ve asla sıkmıyor. anadolu insanının benim tanıdığım kadarıyla gerçeğe yakın bir portresini çizmiş. aksiyon, sevişme, ihanet vs. olmadan da son derece klas filmlerin yapılabildiğini bizlere gösermiştir.

16. Raul Duarte's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

Es como leer una buena novela.

17. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

"May I have a Coke?" The stupid is asking for (in the middle of the night being guests in the home of the village-leader in the middle of nowhere). The real, the surreal & the absurd are quite close to each other. The movie is full of symbolics (death, truth, self deception, Clarke Gable, "look for the woman") which may lead to totally diverse interpretations depending on the view of the spectator. Love or hate it.

18. joanra's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

Una historia larga e intrascendente. Metraje en exceso para no contar nada. Podría haber sido un cortometraje y se hubieran tocado los mismos puntos.

19. Post Ironic's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Inspires deep reflection both of the characters in this film, and the self.

20. Atlas Akın's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

Once Upon A Time In Anatolia is a homage to the Tarkovsky cinema: Nature, silence, reality, essence of being a human, its psychology and the cycle of life. Nuri Bilge Ceylan shows us what we "don't want to think about": Death, in many ways. Commiting a suicide("to punish someone else", he says) and killing someone else. What makes the film special is that the director shows "death" as it is, without exaggerating it.

21. Muraki's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

an epic tale about the Turkish country society

22. Brandi Argo's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

23. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

24. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

2011, dir. NURİ BİLGE CEYLAN - 8/10 (Turkey)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7