1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film One Day in the Life of Andrei Arsenevich

In Memory of a Man who saw an Angel.

2. llull's rating of the film One Day in the Life of Andrei Arsenevich

Both a look at the emotion at the heart of Tarkovsky's family, a portrait of a dying artist, an astute montage of recurring themes and elemental motifs in Tarkovsky's work, and a farewell gift from a friend and great admirer - Chris Marker. Marker shows his admiration and his deep understanding of Tarkovsky, and touches on the sublime spirit that he brought to filmmaking that has spoken to our hearts.

3. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film One Day in the Life of Andrei Arsenevich

A great analysis of his films.

4. Francisco R.'s rating of the film One Day in the Life of Andrei Arsenevich

As a longtime admirer of the Russian master and someone who's always been enchanted yet oftentimes disoriented about the meaning of his films, watching Marker deconstruct his artistic vision -at once with such insight and elegant simplicity- feels like the definitive critical assessment of one of the towering figures of XX century cinema.

5. CinemaHouse Productions's rating of the film One Day in the Life of Andrei Arsenevich

Marker pays homage to one of the greatest filmmakers in Russia, Andrei Tarkovsky. In this free-form documentary, we intuitively explore Tarkovsky's techniques in film, philosophical views on life, and the subtext within all his films. It shows one of the best examples of using film criticism and providing an analysis of a master. Marker goes into the mind of an enigma, defining Tarkovsky's stylistic idiosyncrasies.

6. dapose's rating of the film One Day in the Life of Andrei Arsenevich

7. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film One Day in the Life of Andrei Arsenevich

"Sometimes the angle widens and the camera dominates the action entirely, but just admiring the formal perfection of such a shot is a game like getting off at the wrong floor. This vision has a meaning." "One more enigma, that each will decipher in his own way. Some deliver sermons, the greats leave us with our freedom." It makes you want to revisit Andrei Arsenevich's work again.

8. - -'s rating of the film One Day in the Life of Andrei Arsenevich

Despite being a huge fan of Marker and Tarkovsky, I didn't see this until now. Who else but Marker could take the pieces of another filmmaker's oeuvre (and what amazing raw material) and with interpolation of video and narration, create an entirely new and illuminating context? I found myself moved to tears as if I was seeing Tarkovsky's films again for the first time. Marker was the greatest of all editors.

9. Aflwydd's rating of the film One Day in the Life of Andrei Arsenevich

I've been on a Tarkovsky documentary spree, including Sokurov's Moscow Elegy, and this one is the best. A compulsory watch for any fan of the man.

10. Endless Eye's rating of the film One Day in the Life of Andrei Arsenevich

A thoughtful nuanced view of Tarkovsky at the end of his life through the eyes of Chris Marker. Full of all of the observations you love most about every great Marker film, with all of the attention focused on one of cinema's greatest filmmakers who died far too young but left us with some of the best films ever made. "Some deliver sermons, the greats leave us with our freedom."

11. BRAND UPON THE BRAIN!'s rating of the film One Day in the Life of Andrei Arsenevich

A nice look at Tarkovsky's motifs and themes along with some moving footage of his final days.

12. avn's rating of the film One Day in the Life of Andrei Arsenevich

A new book 'Andrei Tarkovsky: A Photographic Chronicle of the Making of The Sacrifice' has been published to mark Andrei Tarkovsky's 80th Birthday Anniversary. The book contains more than 250 photographs taken over the course of the shooting period. Photographs and text by Tarkovsky's interpreter Layla Alexander-Garrett. For more info: www.cygnnet.co.uk

13. Jonathan Miller's rating of the film One Day in the Life of Andrei Arsenevich

correction: DVD is being released on June 21st!

14. Blue K, Custodian of the Cinema's rating of the film One Day in the Life of Andrei Arsenevich

Someone gave this two stars...? What in the frigging... o_O