1. Balthaz21's rating of the film One from the Heart

2. FISCHER's rating of the film One from the Heart

Une superbe et intéressante reconstitution "artificielle" de Las Vegas pour un film somme toute "expérimental" de Coppola ..... www.cinefiches.com

3. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film One from the Heart

Yes it is a departure from the 4 perfect masterpieces (The Godfather part 1 & part 2, The Conversation, Apocalypse Now) Coppola did in the 1970's but it is great to see him take a shift in his work. No, this film is not a masterpiece but to witness Coppola doing a colorful musical is a pure joy. And Frederic Forrest is a sadly forgotten actor. 3.5 stars.

4. Pedro Soares's rating of the film One from the Heart

5. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film One from the Heart

Looks great but the central characters and plot don't engage.You can see its influence on later and better films. Maybe they should have gone the whole hog and made it a proper musical. More Natassja would have been good.

6. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film One from the Heart

Great expressionistic lighting from Storaro. As a film however, this should be swept under the rug in my opinion.

7. mlstrx's rating of the film One from the Heart

3.5. why is hank such a fucking asshole

8. Ethan's rating of the film One from the Heart

All the good things I have to say about this film mostly stem from the fact that this is a musical with Tom Waits songs and even though it is cheesy as fuck it's still a fun little musical. Yet again, Tom Waits music makes this film good.

9. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film One from the Heart

Was talking to a friend at work about this and realized I had never put my two cents in. It's great. Watch it. Ok, going back to work now. Oh what do I do for a living? Fuck off, DT. I'm not telling you that! I work in a cubicle. Also, how the shit are we supposed to talk to each other on this site other than commenting on things, DT?

10. xphile's rating of the film One from the Heart

two stars for a lot of pink and good clothes

11. Kurt Walker's rating of the film One from the Heart

12. José Neves's rating of the film One from the Heart

Cinematography by Vittorio Storaro.

13. HAD!L's rating of the film One from the Heart

absolute eye candy. that's it.

14. Dzimas's rating of the film One from the Heart

The best part of this movie is the soundtrack. It was a masterstroke bringing Tom Waits and Crystal Gayle together. Too bad Frederic Forrest and Teri Garr didn't measure up to the music.

15. film_lies101's rating of the film One from the Heart

A triumph of production design and to a lesser extent, composition. Not much to recommend other than those two reasons, even the Waits/Gayle soundtrack is forgettable

16. Graeme Higginson's rating of the film One from the Heart

Here is a place where Storaro sings while Coppola mostly dismisses the former traction that allowed for his work to grow with each new picture. Had this been a vaulted curio discovered years later, the sizable disproportion of the narrative to its intense visual flare might seem less awkward; instead, it is the follow-up to Apocalypse Now.

17. oldfilmsflicker's rating of the film One from the Heart

Baz was watching this on repeat while prepping for Moulin Rouge!, right?

18. Samuel Righi's rating of the film One from the Heart

19. Kyle Lewis's rating of the film One from the Heart

Kind of a surprise. Coppola's coming off of Apocalypse Now throws caution to the wind and makes a pretty great musical. The man has balls of steel.

20. Christopher Scott Zeidel's rating of the film One from the Heart

It is amazing that Coppola could have made such an awful film. Frederic Forrest and Teri Garr are an unlikable couple, and I did not care about their brake-up, and nor did I care when they got back together in the end. The musical numbers are dull, and sometimes the music did not seem to properly fit with the action. The whole thing is dull. Was Coppola seriously burnt out after Apocalypse Now?

21. MR. Universe's rating of the film One from the Heart

I have to say the story is nothing special and kind of dull, the songs could be better and i say that as a tom waits fan. The filmis full of ideas and is amazing technically as it is all filmed on sets and feels realistic. almost like watching filmed theater. That is the only fascination that is to be had in watching the film. Though i give Francis Ford Coopola props for being a renassiance man

22. Brian Padian's rating of the film One from the Heart

23. Maximilian XXI's rating of the film One from the Heart

Had this not been so misunderstood upon its release, I think 1980s American cinema would have gone in a completely different direction (for the better, probably). This is as good as anything Coppola has done - a real masterpiece.

24. Joaopa's rating of the film One from the Heart

The film is a visual marvel, has a wonderful soundtrack (all composed and sung by Tom Waits and Crystal Gayle) and a film is almost kitsch, almost Broadway musical: a trip to the fantasy world of a couple in crisis. Renegade by critics and audiences of their day, from the Heart deserves to be revisited because it is a delightful exercise master Coppola. Recommend. cinemadebuteco.com