1. Tibulle85's rating of the film One Missed Call

(Vukekparsurleweb) Quand le touche-à-tout Takashi Miike s'attaque à la J-Horror, cela donne un film efficace, bien que trop classique dans son déroulé (cela reste encore et toujours un pastiche de Ring). Pourtant, le réal. tenait peut-être là les clés d'un grand film avec cette idée d'appels prémonitoires donnant aux victimes un aperçu de leur propre mort...mais celle-ci reste malheureusemt totalemt sous-exploitée.

2. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film One Missed Call

A deeply silly film with a shitty digital look. But when you get deeper into it there's some very interesting direction going on; the way the film is cut and the ways the music is laid out on the soundtrack. Though it still manages to actually be scary, in a fun way, as well.

3. Axel's rating of the film One Missed Call

For me, story is key, no matter the genre og movie. A story can be simple, which is absolutely fine, but it must be coherent on some level, even if it is surreal and like a dream or nightmare. This movie totally missed its target for me, but still, two stars for the craftmanship alone. If nothing else, one can always enjoy that.

4. Dada Kubin's rating of the film One Missed Call

Ghosts of evil mothers and demonic daughters doing what Japanese ghosts usually do: kill young people and scare the rest shitless. “One Missed Call” seems like a standard work - except for the rather weird ending. I can’t say I’d have it figured out yet. Otherwise there’s not much to figure out because everything is explained during the last 20 minutes. And that sure is the most effective way to spoil a horror movie.

5. Renton47's rating of the film One Missed Call

I seemed to have missed the satire and read this as an a-typical J-horror, of which it's pretty adept. Cribbing a structure from The Ring and some meme murders from Pulse, its thematically lazy compared to those but rich in style. Miike has had enough experience to master mood, with the camera and settings ghostly + tasteful, only with occasional bombast. The climax is overripe, but there's enough to admire.

6. Igor Leoni's rating of the film One Missed Call

7. this uncharming man's rating of the film One Missed Call

Miike proves himself (as if he needed to) as a master of mise-en-scene. The film could be considered as contextually rich as 'Scream', only 'One Missed Call' eschews the dialogue tirades and uses visual cues to point out repetitive themes and concepts used in contemporary Japanese horror films. Everything is a game, staged equally for humor and horror.

8. Sơn Nguyễn's rating of the film One Missed Call

Takashi Miike made me go up and down with this movie. Some moments it's just like a trash movie and I want to cut right away. But when the ghost appeared suddenly, my heart skipped a beat even I know it all, yeah. I'll love it more if It isn't too long (112 min) and the story is more believable.

9. Jerome Magajes's rating of the film One Missed Call

10. Arisu's rating of the film One Missed Call

11. Junda Mane's rating of the film One Missed Call

Miike at his most clever, this effective little movie pokes fun at the barrage of J-Horror films that were copiously released at it's time. Surprisingly enough the film works as both a parody & a straight-faced chiller, which is a testament to the talents of Miike. Unfortunately the U.S. remake completely missed the whole "inside joke" and butchered it beyond recognition.

12. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film One Missed Call

The cell phone as death. Like all of Miike's films, this one treads the line between hilarious and horrific. But unlike his best work, it's a bit straightforward and the contradictions and plot holes become easier to notice and more grating. Also some serious issues with pacing and characterization. Miike usually anchors his films with compelling characters. Not to say I didn't like it, because it's scary and fun!

13. Glim Ho's rating of the film One Missed Call