1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film One of Our Aircraft Is Missing

'G for good'. An early Archers affinity for the 'other' - that is non-parochial British - flavours this modest excursion into the Dutch wartime effort. A flinty visual texture full of brisk editing by Lean and some expressionistic lighting atones for the unevenly paced mixture of suspense, jingoism (Anglo and Dutch) and whimsy (to intensify in later works; here most notable in the jocular graphics).

2. Ethan's rating of the film One of Our Aircraft Is Missing

This is a nice little early gem from the magnificent duo of Powell and Pressburger.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film One of Our Aircraft Is Missing

Une oeuvre bien réalisée, prenante où le suspense et l'action ne sont jamais absents... www.cinefiches.com

4. Duncan Gray's rating of the film One of Our Aircraft Is Missing

A jolly old wartime morale booster held down by the parameters of the assignment but lifted by some interesting decisions (no music, never a German face on-screen) on Powell & Pressburger's parts. In early combat scenes, David Lean's editing is ace. Of interest chiefly to fans of the Archers, and a good start for the team...you can see elements of Colonel Blimp and A Matter of Life and Death gestating.