1. Denis Zordan's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

2. Superfrog's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

The social film aspect is powerful, sadly it gets pulled down by some extra scenes that add little to it. The zoo scene is particularity powerful as well as the baseball scene.

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

4. FISCHER's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

Septième long métrage d'Akira Kurosawa qui, malgré une séquence finale dans l'amphithéâtre désert, sous les rafales d'un vent tenace, d'une excessive et inutile longueur, lestée de quelques scènes répétitives et surnuméraires, déroule une agréable histoire d'une infinie tendresse qui par bien des côtés rappelle, avec bonheur et luminosité, certains personnages inoubliables des films de Frank Capra. www.cinefiches.com

5. Trapped In The Cinema's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

The sequence where they are trying to see Schubert's Unfinished Symphony is remarkable. Almost for that scene alone, I think it might be Kurosawa's first masterpiece. Please read my full review below https://trappedinthecinemablog.wordpress.com/2016/11/18/one-wonderful-sunday-1947-%E2%98%86%E2%98%86%E2%98%86%E2%98%86%E2%98%86/

6. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

Because he's so often dismissed or disparaged nowadays, even I, with all my contempt for most of what's currently critically fashionable, sometimes forget how wonderful Kurosawa is.

7. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

Una melodram de rasgos neorrealistas aunque de un optimismo que nace cual perseverancia, una que incluso parece irreal. La imaginación como palabra clave, eso que a vista de otros es absurdo como esa cuarta pared tumbada que pide aplausos al público, pero que encuentra sentido dado el afecto hacia los protagonistas, una suerte de niños grandes soñadores. Mejor que la escena del concierto invisible, es la despedida.

8. abumawar's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

9. Polyglot's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

Chieko Nakakita is the best girlfriend.

10. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

Imaginaaaaation! Imaginaaation!

11. josher's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

12. Cbarky99's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

The climax of this film is the sort that should rub me the wrong way, but for some reason (Kurosawa's audacious earnestness?) it doesn't--when the realism built up over the course of the film shatters along with the fourth wall, somehow it feels transcendent, rather than contrived. The earlier scene in Yuzo's leaky apartment is one of the most effective portraits of simple frustration with life that I can remember

13. Lumenal's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

I've thought about this film everyday since recently watching it. It's definitely a good film. Well worth watching.

14. AKFilmFan's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

Borrowing from Capra's depression comedies & De Sica's neorealism, this heartfelt film about a young & poor couple is a charming movie with a great mixture of despair and joy.

15. Les films du miroir magique's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

Beau comme une rencontre de Borzage et de De Sica

16. A47's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

One beautiful movie. "Look! Pigs in the lion's cage! The world these days is run by pigs who've gotten fat on the black market." A heart warming story that doesnt lose its sense of reality. Young and in love, broke but optimistic, like Kurosawa does a Truffaut movie. Simple but timeless, honest, and relatable. A classic story arch routes this truely moving love story. "The unfinished synphony hasn't changed."

17. Francisco R.'s rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

Its a depressing film to watch, but it won me over in the last scenes.

18. johndmoore's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

Kurosawa's 1947 film One Wonderful Sunday possesses so many wonderful scenes (particularly the one where the young couple visits the model home to an absolutely perfectly placed rendition of "My Blue Heaven"). It's a beautiful portrait of occupation-era hardship. And, ultimately, hope in spite of it. The fourth-wall breaking experiment at the end is a curious one, but I have a great fondness for it.

19. Josh Tierney's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

Possibly Kurosawa's most tender and hopeful film.

20. Franklinton Underground Cinema's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

I have read a few reviews and essays that suggest the "unfinished symphony" sequence at the end actually "marred" the film. I thought it made the film.

21. Ian Loreños's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

Probably one of the most underrated films. This film is a masterpiece story wise, technical wise. I was really moved by the story represents. Please watch this film. A must see.

22. Rodney Welch's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday

It's tough being broke and in love in postwar Japan; reality is always getting between you and your dream. So it is withYuzo and his financée, Masako, who try to make the most of the one day of the week they have together. Poverty has eaten deep into Yuzo's morale, but Masako is a powerful yin to his yang: upbeat and imaginative. Kurosawa asks the world of his two actors in this light, tight drama, and gets it

23. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film One Wonderful Sunday