1. rociof's rating of the film Only the Young

Creemos erróneamente que la adolescencia es un momento para vivir sin preocupaciones; pero los chicos de este documental nos demuestran que su etapa es tan abrasadora y fascinante como la de cualquiera. Aquí es donde forjamos las mejores amistades y los amores inolvidables.

2. Theosaurus Rex's rating of the film Only the Young

Very well shot, with a great soundtrack, and intriguing subjects. It delves into the angst and conflicts of youth, and captures some pivotal moments of these young people's lives - some trivial, some with lasting gravitas. The only issue I have with it is that it seemed to always be on the verge of some climactic profoundity, yet fell short just a hair.

3. frank trois's rating of the film Only the Young

Without judgment, the director takes us into the private emotional territory of modern youth. Skateboarding revolt and Christian morality are combined as positive influences in these characters lives. Escapism, jealousy, first love, loneliness and friendship are themes that pervade the personal narratives of these close friends on the brink of high school graduation.

4. Dogville59's rating of the film Only the Young

I found the documentary interesting however the religiosity of the teens and those around them was disturbing to me.

5. alexyoungen's rating of the film Only the Young

Beautiful movie. In the tradition of Come On Children and Seventeen.

6. Daniel Polsby's rating of the film Only the Young

Beautifully shot, sensitively observed. Not much happens -- the film is languorous and slight. But it's also really great.

7. Jake's rating of the film Only the Young

A strong film working within a new documentary aesthetic. Moving from scene to scene as narrative should! In technique and film making it is very solid, but I do find the subject matter to fall short sometimes and it seems to also fall a little victim to trying to capture some cliche of youth rather then a deeper truth.

8. Weston Campbell's rating of the film Only the Young

Well-made but seems content with hinting at depth rather than exploring it.

9. El Biffo's rating of the film Only the Young

Teenage tedium with a "Skate4Jesus" angle. 73 minutes, and I couldn't wait for it to end, but I did sit through it to the end. This film just made me want to see SKATERDATER (1965) again!

10. jcjnyc's rating of the film Only the Young

interesting if sometimes meandering and with out specific message or POV. it would be nice to see where these guys are in 10 years, much like the seven up! series.

11. Matt Richards's rating of the film Only the Young

Cool and engaging little snapshot on friendship and youth. The unfamiliar contrast of two Christian kids who also happen to be punk-influenced skateboarders looking for love and meaning in a tiny U.S town gives this film a distinct voice that's surprisingly candid. 3.5 stars

12. FailedImitator's rating of the film Only the Young

The kid's optimism and outlook on life is infectious. It's a really made documentary, for the most part. The part not covered by "the most part" is the part where the filmmakers try to portray obviously re-enacted scenes as spontaneous. Those bits were really annoying.

13. micah van hove's rating of the film Only the Young

They pretty much hit the nail on the head for this place & this time & these youth. Really well made film with plenty of great moments.

14. Jackpantalones's rating of the film Only the Young

For me, much of the interest in this documentary stems from a weird clash between the mostly optimistic, upbeat portrayal of the kids and the decision to shoot their hometown as a depopulated wasteland: surely this city is not all vacant houses, decrepit waterslides and defunct mini-golf courses. Even the date-night sequence occurs in a strangely empty arcade. The atmosphere is nearly post-apocalyptic.