1. Cassidy Bell's rating of the film Open Range

2. SAMMAX's rating of the film Open Range

Maybe the only truly western after year 2000

3. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Open Range

Kevin Costner: not my favorite actor & not my favorite director, but this is 'his masterpiece'. This is not primarily a western, a cowboy movie or whatsoever but it is actually about a man, who defeats his demon. Very worthwile to watch.

4. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Open Range

11 ans après le dernier western d'Eastwood - et un sommet du genre - le western américain renaît une nouvelle fois, avec cette oeuvre inspirée et réussie de Costner,

5. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Open Range

Kostner sforna un buon western,avvalendosi di una bella fotografia,paesaggi affascinanti,un montaggio adeguato ed un sonoro sempre calibrato.A sfavore c'è una vicenda abbastanza fiacchetta,dei cattivi quasi inesistenti(e in un film del genere contano tanto),e dei personaggi un pò imbolsiti.Si rifà un pò agli Spietati ma non raggiunge mai quelle vette di cinema,anche se la sparatoria finale è girata ottimamente.3*

6. Dave's rating of the film Open Range

A gorgeously shot film. This stands as the best film that Costner has directed, IMO, and one of the finest westerns made in the last two-three decades. Superb direction and cinematography, with one of the best staged shootouts you'll see. Costner wisely steps back and allows Robert Duvall to shine as the true lead. Duvall is fantastic.

7. Zach Closs's rating of the film Open Range

Costner's unbridled enthusiasm for the natural world results in a meandering, uneven first act, but "Open Range" remains a satisfyingly old fashioned and full-blooded western, earnest to a fault. Gorgeously photographed with terrific performances from Robert Duvall and Annette Bening. The final shootout -- loud, dramatic and crisply edited -- is one of the genre's more memorable action sequences.

8. pjjrfan's rating of the film Open Range

One of the few Costner movies that I just love. Of course Duvall helps but Costner's performance as a reformed killer and his love interest with Annette Benning is wonderful. The scenerey is beautiful and the action is sustained throughout up until the very end..

9. Bill Thompson's rating of the film Open Range

Wide open film making from Costner, gorgeous world, true characters, tremendous use of sound and pacing. Whatever you may think of Costner he gets the West...

10. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Open Range

Judging by the low rating and the lack of fans, I'd have to say this is one underrated western. I just got done watching it and boy... it's one great western!

11. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Open Range

There's a part where Robert Duvall slides a mug of beer across a bar and into a person's head, and it stands to this day as one of my favorite movie scenes. I can't remember anything else about this movie.