1. Balthaz21's rating of the film Opening Night

2. Joana China's rating of the film Opening Night

Every director should capture their actors with the same love Cassavetes shot Gena Rowlands. The camera is in love with her. And so am I.

3. PiarviRecherreen's rating of the film Opening Night

Sur la corde raide - s'éveiller à la dimension émotionnelle de l'être.

4. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Opening Night

JOHN CASSAVETES' movies are indeed original, the actors give strong performances, the psychology is there and enough intellectual output for all of you pretentious users, but at the same time dull and about as engaging as a summer holiday with an Amish family

5. Janae's rating of the film Opening Night

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Opening Night

Une oeuvre difficile et pathétique, d'une exceptionnelle acuité... www.cinefiches.com

7. -REM-'s rating of the film Opening Night

8. Aida's rating of the film Opening Night

it's got a sordid made for tv movie quality.

9. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Opening Night

Cassavetes defeats me. I stare at his movies in befuddlement. All his actors remain actors to me, doing exercises. I don't get it. This film is different from his others in that it has a redeeming feature: Joan Blondell. I can relate to her humanity.

10. antoniam's rating of the film Opening Night

"I'm sick to death of hearing how old this woman is. Who gives a damn how old this woman is? Does she win or does she lose? That's what I want to know."

11. bagno's rating of the film Opening Night

12. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Opening Night

13. Histioteuthis's rating of the film Opening Night

My favorite Cassavetes although like probably not the best objectively but that's not what makes a favorite

14. Khashayar Mohammadi's rating of the film Opening Night

When Gena Rowlands and Cassavetes team up, pure cinema happens?

15. Kotryna's rating of the film Opening Night

16. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Opening Night

17. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Opening Night

This film is very meta... Gena Rowlands is an actress playing another actress: the unstable Myrtle Gordon, whose mental health is jeopardised by a new play and lead character she refuses to accept and the accidental death of a young fan that comes back to haunt her. While it could have benefited from a shorter running time, this is yet another outstanding collaboration between Rowlands and Cassavetes.

18. Thomas's rating of the film Opening Night

An extraordinary and insightful character study of human mortality, set within the brutal world of show business. Gena Rowlands fearlessly runs the gamut of human emotions whilst superbly portraying a fading star dealing with denial, acceptance, regret, guilt and a full blown meltdown.

19. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Opening Night

20. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Opening Night

I can't tell whether the play they're working on is any good, but the film certainly is.

21. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Opening Night

Brilliant film from Cassavettes! Those who associate him with "realism" should inquire within, because this shows him at his most stylized, full of meta-games but with a beating heart never far from view as a woman who has nothing in her life but art starts to, for lack of a better word, act out. The finale is a happily cathartic (and personal) ode to acting—with the hope that maybe it could sort out your life, too.

22. ikkini's rating of the film Opening Night

David Lynch a dû voir ce film 100 fois avant de devenir réalisateur !

23. ANAcrónica's rating of the film Opening Night

24. oooooo's rating of the film Opening Night

see connection between all about my mother

← Previous 1 3 4