1. Joel's rating of the film Opera

So the dubbing is awful, and the dialogue often weak, but what a sight to watch his camera downright devour this film. The movements and angles are an absolute delight. Some of the best from Argento.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Opera

Rien de transcendant, sauf peut-être une lassitude... www.cinefiches.com

3. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Opera

4. Diego Ruscitto's rating of the film Opera

5. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film Opera

Great camera movement. The DoP really stands out 3.5

6. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Opera

6 - Argento with a budget is a sight to behold, but I would be lying through my teeth if I omitted my disappointment at the man's insistence on re-treading infecund, old narrative ground after so brilliantly subverting himself with "Tenebrae". The final act's laughable excesses already started peeling back the curtain on the Argento of today.

7. D.J. Devereux's rating of the film Opera

I am a genre lover, Especially Giallo Cinema. Argento's Opera colour is rich, as its interiors, the influence of D.W. Griffith sheer scale to a production is key. The murders, psychologically draining, as this film focuses more on torture rather than murder. Candy apple crimson red blood and a metallic gradient of blades flood the screen, complete with the signature black leather gloves. What else do you need?

8. Лиич's rating of the film Opera

Favorite giallo of all time.

9. eugenie de sade's rating of the film Opera

there's something very satisfying about watching british people get brutally murdered to maria callas

10. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Opera

11. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Opera

12. matelot's rating of the film Opera

non poter chiudere gli occhi / non voler chiudere gli occhi

13. Jim Fear's rating of the film Opera

Watched it for the metal song and bullet in the eye scene.

14. antibody's rating of the film Opera

A brilliant if not slightly disjointed masterwork. Seamless use of multiple POVs, excellent camera tricks (the eye drops!) and they even get the fucking CROWS to act in this movie. Super cute power suit lesbian runs from robe bondage killer. Perfection! The scene with the scissors had my MOUTH. WIDE. OPEN. Even when it devolves into a daylight heavy metal nightmare, it's horny af. SING MY ANGEL OF MUSIC!!!

15. Slaapmuske's rating of the film Opera

Just for the record, The whole soundtrack seems to be a pinch early and out of sync. Great film though.

16. Frank's rating of the film Opera

Great camerawork and direction but other than that quite a let down. perhaps due to suspect dubbing but some of the dialogue was just awful. Characters paper thin.

17. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Opera

One of my favorite Argento films: an artistic examination of different kinds of viewing. The camera is intriguing - especially the movement through rooms and staircases -, like the use of different types of music or the work with colors and shadows.

18. hemelsblauw's rating of the film Opera

19. Howard Orr's rating of the film Opera

[Spoilers] Superbly OTT, a sort of style overload where the Steadycam is the star (to the extent of using point of view to give a sizeable early hint as to the identity of the killer). The downside is that the star is poorly characterised, coming across as a sociopath who is totally unconcerned with the gory deaths of a boyfriend and colleague in her presence, and no amount of lizard hugging can fix that. 3.5*

20. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Opera

What drama! What tackiness! What kitsch! Bravo Argento! Braaavo!

21. pepoire's rating of the film Opera

Possibly the worst lip synching I've ever seen. All the characters in this film are complete idiots, and the ending is even more incomprehensible than they are. And yet I enjoyed this more than Phenomena? It just looked so good, and I loved that truly ridiculous bird conceit, and the opera recordings used, and the leading lady's hair. Bite me, objective evaluation!

22. Rath's rating of the film Opera

En "Ópera" , todos los tópicos efectistas y hasta truculentos del Giallo están más que presentes. A su absurdo guión le salva un poco el hecho de que Darío Argento tiene un modo de hacer muy eficaz e imaginativo a su manera. Con sus altibajos narrativos, su floja interpretación (¡ay! mi querida Cristina Marsillach) y su increíble desarrollo y resolución, la película se deja ver con más pena que gloria. Nota: 3

23. Arf's rating of the film Opera

24. Yago Ballarini's rating of the film Opera

the movie has an astonishing camera work from Argento who keeps things fresh and stylish but the script is so bad that even an Argento-fanboy like me couldn't ignore the boredom that strikes the viewer after half an hour. It proves that Argento could shot a painted wall drying and still make things beautiful.