1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Ordet

2. $ROBINROSA$'s rating of the film Ordet

Human figures outlined by neutral backgrounds (photography). Soft horizontal camera movements. The contrast of movement within the stillness of interiors. The use of focal points .... techniques after techniques (style). Then there is the firm believing that goes beyond believing: living the possible.

3. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Ordet

4-5. A beautifully minimalist Christian work that highlights the weight of the forces of the universe by bringing them into direct contact with characters who live minimally. That these intimate stakes feel bigger is aided by the incredibly deliberate cutting of setting down to its bare essentials, giving it an abstract vibe. It deftly balances both real and unreal, faith and skepticism, etc.

4. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Ordet

Drama about faith and belief is powerful due to it's simple nature that make one has to accept the words and actions of the characters and instead only believe n the story and what happens on screen. A fascinating psychological study and an absorbing look into a world where miracles can happen if you only let even the most "crazy" voice be heard instead of being ridiculed.

5. Arcanus's rating of the film Ordet

6. postblueink's rating of the film Ordet

9/10 (01. 10. 2017). Ordet. the word that can return dead to life. don`t matter wich one confession but only truly faith. and looking for God, that peace in yourself, for Johannese it`s like finding Through a glass darkly like for Ingmar Bergman`s Karin.

7. dordairobert's rating of the film Ordet

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Ordet

Anyone else find it funny? Johannes thinks he's Jesus Christ. "Have you spoken to Johannes?" "Yes." "I hope he wasn't unpleasant to you." "No, no. But was he born, well, a little ..." "Yes. We don't talk about it much up here, but with you ..." "No. Something happened. Was it .. a love affair?" "No. No. It was Soren Kierkegaard."

9. MisterColo93's rating of the film Ordet

10. Gioele's rating of the film Ordet

4 per l'importanza storica

11. ricki-rocki's rating of the film Ordet

12. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Ordet

Dreyer’s most accomplished and religious work, where he follows three brothers and their father with the main theme of faith and lack thereof. The most crucial character is the middle brother who has become a religious nutcase believing to be Jesus Christ himself. One of those deep poignant films that may seem slow initially, but the payoff has one trembling and to me that is the true power of cinema.

13. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Ordet

If cinema was described by many christians as a creation of the devil, like Jean Epstein points out in his writings, it is perhaps because of its amazing power. No other technology has managed to create a hole through time, to make the dead live again. And in a grim world where no one believe, it is fitting that the one and only messiah is now the film actor, rising above all others.

14. FISCHER's rating of the film Ordet

Oeuvre exemplaire sur la problématique de la Foi, de la croyance, de Dieu ! www.cinefiches.com

15. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Ordet

8 - The anti-"Day of Wrath". It might not be my personal favorite from Dreyer, but I will freely admit that it might be his most accomplished effort, mostly for the sheer sincerity and maturity with which he tackles material so challenging and unconventional that it wouldn't feel out of place in a Flannery O' Connor anthology (well, at least not until the final minutes). Oh, and it's earth-rendingly gorgeous to boot.

16. alice's rating of the film Ordet

Tra i numerosi modi di credere, le numerose concezioni di fede messi in scena da Dreyer credo di non condividerne alcuno.

17. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Ordet

18. nessmj's rating of the film Ordet

stunning. can hardly handle the social complexities being outlined in this film whilst maintaining the most wonderful tone throughout. again, like Day of Wrath, the camera work is great - particularly the scene when Johannes and his niece discuss the looming death of her mother with an ever rotating shot. questions of faith, belief and the supernatural drive this toward the sublime.

19. Slow Immersion's rating of the film Ordet

Religion - Something I can’t believe existed as a concept, let alone people even entertaining the idea of following or living their lives under rules or ideas from a religion. 60+ years on, and the world is still plagued with religion. To think man has come so far, but yet there are still people who believe in religion.

20. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Ordet

"I believe a lot of little miracles happen secretly."

21. film_lies101's rating of the film Ordet

Wanted to really love this, the performances were great. The pervasive religious themes failed to connect with me

22. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Ordet

Knowing it as being often considered one of the greatest films ever made, I was expecting more. No, that’s not quite right. It was what I expected, I suppose, but I expected to have a different reaction. Maybe it’s because I’m not religious, but I found myself unaffected, indifferent. I must admit there were surely moments of brilliance, it is a very good film, but not enough for me to put it in my personal canon.

23. Des Horne's rating of the film Ordet

24. Khashayar Mohammadi's rating of the film Ordet

Possibly the most profoundly spiritual film I have ever watched