1. postblueink's rating of the film Ordet

9/10 (01. 10. 2017). Ordet. the word that can return dead to life. don`t matter wich one confession but only truly faith. and looking for God, that peace in yourself, for Johannese it`s like finding Through a glass darkly like for Ingmar Bergman`s Karin.

2. dordairobert's rating of the film Ordet

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Ordet

Anyone else find it funny? Johannes thinks he's Jesus Christ. "Have you spoken to Johannes?" "Yes." "I hope he wasn't unpleasant to you." "No, no. But was he born, well, a little ..." "Yes. We don't talk about it much up here, but with you ..." "No. Something happened. Was it .. a love affair?" "No. No. It was Soren Kierkegaard."

4. MisterColo93's rating of the film Ordet

5. Gioele's rating of the film Ordet

4 per l'importanza storica

6. ricki-rocki's rating of the film Ordet

7. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Ordet

If cinema was described by many christians as a creation of the devil, like Jean Epstein points out in his writings, it is perhaps because of its amazing power. No other technology has managed to create a hole through time, to make the dead live again. And in a grim world where no one believe, it is fitting that the one and only messiah is now the film actor, rising above all others.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Ordet

Oeuvre exemplaire sur la problématique de la Foi, de la croyance, de Dieu ! www.cinefiches.com

9. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Ordet

8 - The anti-"Day of Wrath". It might not be my personal favorite from Dreyer, but I will freely admit that it might be his most accomplished effort, mostly for the sheer sincerity and maturity with which he tackles material so challenging and unconventional that it wouldn't feel out of place in a Flannery O' Connor anthology (well, at least not until the final minutes). Oh, and it's earth-rendingly gorgeous to boot.

10. alice's rating of the film Ordet

Tra i numerosi modi di credere, le numerose concezioni di fede messi in scena da Dreyer credo di non condividerne alcuno.

11. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Ordet

12. nessmj's rating of the film Ordet

stunning. can hardly handle the social complexities being outlined in this film whilst maintaining the most wonderful tone throughout. again, like Day of Wrath, the camera work is great - particularly the scene when Johannes and his niece discuss the looming death of her mother with an ever rotating shot. questions of faith, belief and the supernatural drive this toward the sublime.

13. Slow Immersion's rating of the film Ordet

Religion - Something I can’t believe existed as a concept, let alone people even entertaining the idea of following or living their lives under rules or ideas from a religion. 60+ years on, and the world is still plagued with religion. To think man has come so far, but yet there are still people who believe in religion.

14. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Ordet

"I believe a lot of little miracles happen secretly."

15. film_lies101's rating of the film Ordet

Wanted to really love this, the performances were great. The pervasive religious themes failed to connect with me

16. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Ordet

Knowing it as being often considered one of the greatest films ever made, I was expecting more. No, that’s not quite right. It was what I expected, I suppose, but I expected to have a different reaction. Maybe it’s because I’m not religious, but I found myself unaffected, indifferent. I must admit there were surely moments of brilliance, it is a very good film, but not enough for me to put it in my personal canon.

17. Des Horne's rating of the film Ordet

18. Khashayar Mohammadi's rating of the film Ordet

Possibly the most profoundly spiritual film I have ever watched

19. kartina obskura's rating of the film Ordet

Imagine you watch this film, one of the Johannes scenes and there are some weird shadows on the wall and you can´t find their source. Soon after you do realize there is an insect stuck in your lamp but those few seconds jesus christ :D

20. sacajawèale's rating of the film Ordet

21. Algitya's rating of the film Ordet

It's like this film said to them : " ngemeng aje lu pade, mending gue cabut dah!" ( some of indonesian pop-cultural slang that said during kinda-bored/ pointless situation )

22. Balthaz21's rating of the film Ordet

23. Aardsy's rating of the film Ordet

It lives at home with god.

24. Lintang A.'s rating of the film Ordet

Whether you believe in miracles or not, this film will leave you breathless and emotionally drained.