1. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Ordinary People

2. angiebasuki's rating of the film Ordinary People

Unexpectedly one of the best film I watched this year so far.

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Ordinary People

I was expecting some sort of overwrought Hollywood ending, and I'm just glad we got what felt right. Particularly for Mary Tyler Moore. God. I love Mary Tyler Moore. Also young Timothy Hutton is hot.

4. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Ordinary People

No masterpiece, but the film does face some facts: cold hearts can't always be warmed.

5. lonesome-boat's rating of the film Ordinary People

My therapist told me to watch the movie. I enjoyed it.

6. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Ordinary People

While it shouldn’t have beaten Raging Bull to the Oscar, this is a great film in it’s own right. The fact that it beat possibly the best movie of the 80s full stop probably overshadows how good it is. It’s a beautiful and real feeling story of youth and love, as well as expectations and societal perspectives on things like depression and other abnormalities. Redford understands the stigmas and works to abolish them.

7. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Ordinary People

8. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film Ordinary People

So....finally saw it. Went in really wanting to hate it since it beat one of the greatest films ever for an Oscar. But that ain't it's fault and it's a very affecting film. White people problems but I could relate...being a white person. Poor Mary Tyler Moore gets shit on. Think this is my favorite Sutherland role, he does ineffectual yuppie dad very well, yearning to connect with his son. And help him

9. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Ordinary People

You have to take the bad with the good. For years my Mom compared herself to Mary Tyler Moore. They do look similar. Then this movie came out and all 3 of her kids started hating on her including me, despite the fact that she's nothing like the character. You make the connection, you live with the consequences.

10. Ian Fitzgerald's rating of the film Ordinary People

11. AuRevoirShosanna's rating of the film Ordinary People

Let me preface this by saying I've seen five minutes of the film, within those five minutes I experienced a deeply visceral concern for the characters on screen. For that reason, I already know it'll be a favorite.

12. T-Cruise's rating of the film Ordinary People

Ordinary people more like ordinary movie lmao

13. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Ordinary People

It attacks you very slowly but effectively. You will leave the theatre, go for pancakes, hang out with your pals and smoke 2,5 packs of cigarettes after dinner, and when you get home to your bed the film will still be beaming in your mind as strongly as it was when you left the theatre at 4pm. And you will talk about it. Again and again.

14. Tara Violet's rating of the film Ordinary People

this shattered my heart. I've never connected so personally to a film before. the script is INCREDIBLY real, the acting phenomenal, what a film.

15. Mark's rating of the film Ordinary People

In the film's final moments, watch closely as Mary Tyler Moore's Beth ascends the staircase after being told by husband Calvin (Sutherland) how he's not even sure if he loves her anymore. Raw, Powerful, Emotional and Solid. Director Robert Redford has fashioned a true classic.

16. alyssa lane's rating of the film Ordinary People

This was an exceptional film. This IS cinema !

17. Klara Tavakoli Goesche's rating of the film Ordinary People

Robert Redford's directorial debut is a film that moves me unlike any other. No matter how many times I see it, I still get pummeled by the emotions it stirs up for me. Love Donald Sutherland!

18. mpho3's rating of the film Ordinary People

ordinary people, but extraordinary film

19. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Ordinary People

Layer upon layer, Ordinary People, evolves like a mystery, scratching the surface scene after scene. By the end, the audiences are given the most brilliant character study in cinema's history. It's a film that understands people, its vicissitudes and the brutality of human emotions. It's not about finding good guys and bad guys. It's about showing that humans are complex creatures that not always make sense.

20. Howard Orr's rating of the film Ordinary People

[SPOILER] Almost an update on "Catcher In The Rye" for a male generation more used to questioning the world they live in and confronting their emotional states, the film admirably resists the temptation to shift the focus from Conrad and onto his parents. The last shot of the film to me has echoes of Tarkovsky's "Solaris", with its father and son finding at least a modicum of comfort in letting their emotions speak.

21. Joel's rating of the film Ordinary People

A beautifully rendered family drama, full of taught scenes and subtle tensions. It draws you in with great characters, dialogue and elegant pacing. Quite a treat from a traditional hollywood set-up. A pleasant surprise.

22. Smooj Betty Phace's rating of the film Ordinary People

Holy shit. Perhaps one of the best written films ever.

23. Obient's rating of the film Ordinary People

I hate this film. Sorry to say.

24. Marija Šurnaitė's rating of the film Ordinary People

You have to be afraid of your own feelings to hate this masterpiece of provoking emotions. I loved it. I am moved by it. This is what movies are made for. This is what art's purpose is. To feel it.