1. Dario Valle's rating of the film Orly

The film oscillates between the documentary and a fictional game. At times tedious, at times overwhelming.

2. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Orly

Orly (my Orly!). Schanelec has an acuity for human relationships and in this airport, as opposed to the meandering Marseille everything is in a calm chokepoint, literalized by the Vigipirate siege at the end and that shot of the vacant complex. From "please don't try to call me" to "stop talking about dad" to "can I find you there?" and the silent ignoring of words, she gets the little things, gestures, looks.

3. between7skies's rating of the film Orly

I am completely hooked on Shanelec's films, her non narrational approach to the screen, her penetration observation of the human condition, in piecing the whole from fragments. However had mixed feelings about this film some of the conversations or performances felt a bit forced, although the premise of the film is very compelling. We are all travellers and strangers in the sea of life.

4. Jonathan Pr's rating of the film Orly

5. Rod's rating of the film Orly

What has happened to French film? Since when has bad camera work and banal conversation that goes nowhere and absolutely no plot or story or action of any kind equal a good movie? It’s like they lost their way after the Golden Age and just try to pass off faux-arty self-indulgent crap as good. I noticed they have added The Weekend, now there’s a movie that’s saying something.

6. zubee's rating of the film Orly

better than the others but still nothing.

7. Vladimir Seput's rating of the film Orly

8. lou.'s rating of the film Orly

Depuis que j'étais une toute petite fille, je suis fascinée par le charme séduisant des aéroports et des destins croisés...

9. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Orly

Another film from writer-director Angela Schanelec that allows her to once again throw characters together and not let viewers learn enough about them to really get more from the experience. Better than some of her other films, this is still disappointing compared to what it could have been.

10. Ralph Melcher's rating of the film Orly

“I don’t understand...We’re driven by something, and no one can help.” After watching four films by Schanelec, this one made me a fan. Incredibly well-structured, a sequence of conversations in an airport, reflections at the end of a relationship, people headed in many directions, striving through questions for rare, precious connections, journeys interrupted by unexpected events. “Where are you going?” Life.

11. David's rating of the film Orly

I am fascinated by Schanelec's movies. Her perspective on time space and what lies hidden in conversations. How time and space conduct what we say and what we observe. The airport where, in spite of time and place, there is a curious freedom. Underneath the banality there is tension; the coat, the bag in the bin, conversations leading to revelations. Schanelec's people are always real and, somehow, familiar.

12. Madoc's rating of the film Orly

This series on Schanelec's film has been really fascinating and this is one of the best of them. Again there is no plot although we are often tempted to look for one or make our own. For such a slow film handling of pace is essential and on this occasion the main thread of dialogue scenes is broken up at just the right moments with the occasional piece of music or non dialogue scene. Interesting and rewarding.

13. Superfrog's rating of the film Orly

Little stories in the airport, with a very natural style, worth a watch if not life transforming.

14. catweinz's rating of the film Orly

Ça aurait pu être formidable... scénario et jeu des acteurs, oui. (superbe casting) Mais au secours le mixage ! Le bruit de fond est tellement prégnant que les dialogues sont souvent inaudibles. Dommage.

15. Shane Ewen's rating of the film Orly

Rubbishes Marc Auge's absurd claim that airports are non-places: people fall in love, argue, mourn, and work in airports; they are important to our identities.

16. Hodek Van Mealstrom's rating of the film Orly

A quiet revelation of the nonsense of time.

17. Vassilis Tsitsopoulos's rating of the film Orly

18. jahsiah zoerheide's rating of the film Orly

Filmed mostly at arms length, which gives a voyeuristic feeling to each 'stiry' and set of characters. The unseen drama outside is played just as well as the interplay inside. Probably the best use of an airport terminal I've seem on film. An out-of-focus bald head bisects a two-shot. A pedestrian walks in front of the camera during a medium close-up. Overall a little long and talky, won’t watch again necessarily

19. Elise's rating of the film Orly

This film goes on a journey through multiple individual's experiences in life all focusing around one key point, travel. Much of the film takes place in an airport that is wonderfully portrayed through the directors use of natural sounds found in the airport as well as the choices in camera angles. The variations of camera angles used in this film, from extreme close-ups to long shots, help to immerse the audience.

20. Massimo's rating of the film Orly

I've watched it till the end. Not much to say.

21. jasmine2121's rating of the film Orly

Great film overall, really enjoyed the plot; however, I felt that it moved veeery slow. I've seen Regnier in a film before and she was awesome.. same goes for this one. 4 stars :-)

22. Emil's rating of the film Orly

23. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film Orly

Paradoxe du réalisme : associer acteurs et dialogues avec une ambiance de type immersion dans le réel. Les personnages n'en ressortent que plus brutalement et d'une manière qui devient, à la longue, caricaturale... Leurs récits paraissent ainsi bien inutiles, alors qu'ils devaient révéler sans doute l'universalité du dérisoire de nos vies ainsi désœuvrées dans l'attente d'un avion, tels des pandas sans bambous.

24. Thierry Blanc's rating of the film Orly

Passé à côté du film... Une errance qui ne m'a pas convaincu. Trop flottant, trop sans colonne vertébrale à mon gout. j'aime le contemplatif mais encore faut-il qu'il soit très travaillé, au moins dans le cadre et la lumière. Sinon il m’apparaît souvent comme vain. Et m'ennuie. Ici c'est pour moi le cas. Dommage de très bons acteurs, et des prémisses intéressantes.