1. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film Ossessione

a perfect mix of pre-neorealism with a touch of noir, it's a cocktail to get the italian cinema started again after fascism. having priests perform exorcism after the screening of your movie, now that's what I call real #lifegoals

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Ossessione

Incontournable et superbe adaptation néo-réaliste du sombre et puissant roman de James M. Cain qui a été maintes fois transposé au cinéma... www.cinefiches.com

3. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film Ossessione

Where did Elvira come from? I got to see this on the last remaining 35mm print in existence at the CCA in Santa Fe NM. So beautiful. What a treat!

4. Aaken's rating of the film Ossessione

The first and arguably the best version of Cain's infamous novel.

5. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Ossessione

6. redux's rating of the film Ossessione

Pretty much everything cinema was invented for.

7. El Biffo's rating of the film Ossessione

The way they look at each other...

8. Renton47's rating of the film Ossessione

After disliking 'The Leopard' this was a neat surprise. For the first hour this boasts some incredible magnetism in its casual sex and homosexual elements, giving it a charged noir sense of excitement. Then it drops the excitement in favour of neorealist psychological depth. Visconti's work behind the camera is my favourite of his films I've seen. This lasted about 1/2 hr too long IMO, but an impressive debut.

9. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Ossessione

10. lina maj's rating of the film Ossessione

Visconti is an intriguing director.

11. Mario Lipuma's rating of the film Ossessione

Gino, can you pls stahp being this awesome?

12. bulgrin's rating of the film Ossessione

One essential of Italien neo-realism, and a great debut of a great director to come.

13. nein's rating of the film Ossessione

I liked it way more than The Postman Always Rings Twice. I know everyone says it but I'll repeat it. The first one is a well-done crime story, this one is a psycho drama. You choose, I won't judge.

14. Jugend21's rating of the film Ossessione

i'm not sure what it is, but girotti & calamai have some of the best screen chemistry in history, if not the best. Also, one of Fassbinder's favorite films was Visconti's 'The Damned', and I feel like this is a really Fassbinder-like film. Wonder what it would have been like if RWF had remade it.

15. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Ossessione

9/10, my double bill review with The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946): http://wp.me/p1eXom-1mW

16. Pymo's rating of the film Ossessione

The postman rings many times.

17. RIPLEY'S HOME VIDEO's rating of the film Ossessione

Ossessione 70th anniversary. http://youtu.be/XlGC5_uwHfI

18. previewfilms's rating of the film Ossessione

Next time you watch keep in mind that Visconti was homosexual, and then you can see the brilliant way he tried to express this. I wouldn't have thought so as it's a saucy story for it's time about free spirited drifter, casual sex etc, but when I read he as a life long homosexual, I started to see between the frames... Thats what I thought anyway... Not that there is anything wrong with that..

19. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Ossessione

Más que romántico, este es un drama pasional. La historia de dos amantes parece ser una especie de necesidad por abandonar sus trágicas vidas. La de "aparentemente" un hombre escapando de un asesinato (o tal vez solo de esa vida errante) y la de una mujer perturbada por su marido. Nada aquí es romántico, es más casual. El amor se va construyendo bajo una fantasía.

20. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Ossessione

Fondamentale film di Visconti,vero spartiacque del cinema italiano.Capostipite del Neorealismo,è un film che stupisce per l'incredibile maturità messa dal regista nel suo compimento:piani-sequenza inseriti ottimamente,primi piani intensi che esprimono passione ed erotismo(raro davvero nel 1943) e scene dosate grandiosamente,con pochissimi tempi morti(forse solo quello della ballerina).Visconti si presenta così.4*

21. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Ossessione

22. Ciprian David's rating of the film Ossessione

Massimo Girottis intensity was probably only equaled by the love of the camera for textures, materials and objects.

23. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Ossessione

Great mix of Italian neo-realism & American pulp. Its interesting to see the Italian directors who are known for later more stylized films work in the neo-realist style in their early work (Visconti &this film, Pasolini &MAMA ROMA, Antonioni &IL GRIDO). The films are neo-realist but not as "purely" as, say... BICYCLE THIEF because theres always an undercurrent of their later style sneaking out somewhere.

24. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Ossessione

This movie and its gay undertones.. *kisses fingers in italian way*.