1. joey Noodles's rating of the film Othello

One of Welles' very best, a macabre and staggering adaptation of Shakespeare's play. 5/5

2. Gylfi's rating of the film Othello

I watched the 1992 restored version released by Welles daughter. I loved it. But I hope to see the original version one day and compare the two, Jonathan Rosenbaum wrote about how the new version is inferior to the original in so many ways. Still, highly recommended masterpiece that shows Welles talent for adapting Shakespeare's plays to the big screen.

3. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Othello

This isn't exactly Shakespeare, but it may be the best film ever derived from his work: a disorienting, phantasmagoric staging of Othello sped up to such a pace (and done with such a grim, beautiful eye for chaos) that nearly every shot can send your mind reeling. The result is the only Shakespeare adaptation that runs the risk of giving you a panic attack.

4. Marco Pierrard's rating of the film Othello

Critique réalisée à l'occasion de la sortie en salle de la version numérique restaurée 2K en France (avril 2014) :

5. Daniela's rating of the film Othello

Amazing acting and directing.

6. Dave's rating of the film Othello

Incredible film, possibly my favorite movie adaptation of Shakespeare. Incredibly underrated Welles film that deserves to be as well-known as his more acclaimed movies.

7. Umberto L.'s rating of the film Othello

The ultimate low-budget masterpiece. Both Orson Welles' interpretation and directing style are as great as the tragedy from Shakespeare. Ladies & Gentlemen, you will agree if I say that these men are two giants of the man-kind!

1 3 Next →