1. Skygazer's rating of the film Our Little Sister

2. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film Our Little Sister

3. meepy's rating of the film Our Little Sister

Koreeda captures subtext in the most gentle & naturalistic way through an “everyday family drama”. Prior to watching this film, I’ve also seen Nobody Knows which was much heavier than this film. “Dad was not a good man, but he must have been a kind one.” ”What makes you say that?” ”Well, he left behind a sister like her for us.” ”I guess he was. He must have been.”

4. Aulia Indry's rating of the film Our Little Sister

Like Kore Eda's previous movies, slow passing does not bored but provides hidden information. There is no meaningful conflict, indeed this is real life. The greatness of the hearts of the three sisters to accept his little sister, Suzu, would have done a lot of people. That it is their house that unknowingly unites their family even in a pathetic form.

5. lidiishere's rating of the film Our Little Sister

menit ke-11 udah pengen nangis. yes, its emotional resonance is that good (or maybe am just weak). simply beautiful and heart-warming! btw itu trem(?) nya lucu banget eh

6. mooloo's rating of the film Our Little Sister

first movie of 2018! i've been sick for a week+ and got worse today (really feeling like i'm at my wits' end here help lol) so i needed some cheering up - this came through. a super-super heartwarming movie with not much plot but the 2 hours still went by fast looking at the beautiful cinematography and actresses.

7. Claire Wongsutin's rating of the film Our Little Sister

8. nicolecahali's rating of the film Our Little Sister

lindíssimo! muito gostoso de assistir...as pessoas estão comendo em quase todas as cenas, mostra bastante uma culinária japonesa regional!

9. kathmeep's rating of the film Our Little Sister

Koreeda captures subtext in the most gentle & naturalistic way through a “everyday family drama”. “Dad was not a good man, but he must have been a kind one.” ”What makes you say that?” ”Well, he left behind a sister like her for us.” ”I guess he was. He must have been.”

10. biancamotta's rating of the film Our Little Sister

11. Marina C.'s rating of the film Our Little Sister

What a delightful watch! A tender film about responsibility, the meaning of family and sisterhood, and also growing up. I'm becoming more and more a sucker for slice-of-life films that manage to be as beautiful and honest as Our Little Sister.

12. nadnab's rating of the film Our Little Sister

13. Joaquín Font's rating of the film Our Little Sister

14. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Our Little Sister

15. naive3's rating of the film Our Little Sister

Subtle, sincere and just very, very beautiful.

16. Mugino's rating of the film Our Little Sister

Upon meeting Koreeda some years ago, I meekly requested his autograph on my DVD of "After Life". He seemed to blush but bowed and signed the case with care. Just before handing it back to me, he paused thoughtfully and embellished his signature with a smiley face. Only a person who exudes that kind of gentle kindness and light whimsy could craft a film like this with sincerity, not schmaltz. :-)

17. Nachtreich's rating of the film Our Little Sister

18. Chenny Aviana's rating of the film Our Little Sister

19. Séon Kim's rating of the film Our Little Sister

20. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Our Little Sister

Miserable wretch that I am, I remain partial to Kore-eda's bleaker films (at least to the best of them, Maborosi), but I both loved watching and, well, kind of needed to watch Our Little Sister. I was reminded of the gentlest, least plotted Studio Ghibli films--I wasn't surprised to read in the credits that it's a manga adaptation--full of rich, restorative feeling that regularly risks but rarely succumbs to treacle.

21. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Our Little Sister

How could i never got interested in Koreada`s work? I think it was because i was a child and not mature enough. This is my most beloved Asian film so far, has a long-forgotten touch once every cinephile had known as Ozu touch. Although you can easily trace Kore-eda`s mastery to Ozu, He has always confessed that he is more obsessed with Naruse style.

22. Elia Canevascini's rating of the film Our Little Sister

Trama umile, fotografia bellissima

23. ijol's rating of the film Our Little Sister

It's like eating a freshly cooked rice. It makes you warm from the inside.

24. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Our Little Sister

On the face of it this is a slight, restrained little film. By the end I was completely swept up in it emotionally. Both sad and uplifting at the same time, with strong performances throughout.

← Previous 1 3 4