1. biancamotta's rating of the film Our Little Sister

2. Marina C.'s rating of the film Our Little Sister

What a delightful watch! A tender film about responsibility, the meaning of family and sisterhood, and also growing up. I'm becoming more and more a sucker for slice-of-life films that manage to be as beautiful and honest as Our Little Sister.

3. nadnab's rating of the film Our Little Sister

4. Joaquín Font's rating of the film Our Little Sister

5. naive3's rating of the film Our Little Sister

Subtle, sincere and just very, very beautiful.

6. Mugino's rating of the film Our Little Sister

Upon meeting Koreeda some years ago, I meekly requested his autograph on my DVD of "After Life". He seemed to blush but bowed and signed the case with care. Just before handing it back to me, he paused thoughtfully and embellished his signature with a smiley face. Only a person who exudes that kind of gentle kindness and light whimsy could craft a film like this with sincerity, not schmaltz. :-)

7. Nachtreich's rating of the film Our Little Sister

8. Chenny Aviana's rating of the film Our Little Sister

9. Séon Kim's rating of the film Our Little Sister

10. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Our Little Sister

Miserable wretch that I am, I remain partial to Kore-eda's bleaker films (at least to the best of them, Maborosi), but I both loved watching and, well, kind of needed to watch Our Little Sister. I was reminded of the gentlest, least plotted Studio Ghibli films--I wasn't surprised to read in the credits that it's a manga adaptation--full of rich, restorative feeling that regularly risks but rarely succumbs to treacle.

11. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Our Little Sister

How could i never got interested in Koreada`s work? I think it was because i was a child and not mature enough. This is my most beloved Asian film so far, has a long-forgotten touch once every cinephile had known as Ozu touch. Although you can easily trace Kore-eda`s mastery to Ozu, He has always confessed that he is more obsessed with Naruse style.

12. Elia Canevascini's rating of the film Our Little Sister

Trama umile, fotografia bellissima

13. ijol's rating of the film Our Little Sister

It's like eating a freshly cooked rice. It makes you warm from the inside.

14. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Our Little Sister

On the face of it this is a slight, restrained little film. By the end I was completely swept up in it emotionally. Both sad and uplifting at the same time, with strong performances throughout.

15. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Our Little Sister

16. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Our Little Sister

So sweet, genuine, and unshakeable.

17. dalena's rating of the film Our Little Sister

a slice of light through the cracks of broken glass

18. superjano's rating of the film Our Little Sister

Tan sencilla como entrañable

19. Caro luna's rating of the film Our Little Sister

So light, so ethereal and beautiful yet, in Koreeda's style, can feel so poignant. Leaves you feeling like you're on a bird's wings and the flight is yet unfinished... in the best possible way.

20. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Our Little Sister

Compared to other movies by Kore-Eda that I had a chance to watch during a review of his work at cineclub in Milan, "Our Little Sister" is the most accessible to the big public: less hermetic and more paced. Yet nothing in the director's style gets lost and the movie deliveres a very strong feeling of warmth to the viewer.

21. merriell's rating of the film Our Little Sister

22. Tim Ellrich's rating of the film Our Little Sister

23. El Biffo's rating of the film Our Little Sister

So refreshing to see cinema like this, as delicate as a plum blossom floating to the ground.

24. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Our Little Sister

Rich in detail and essence, the optimistic “Our Little Sister” follows the combination of amiable tones and social analysis, so characteristic of Ozu and Shimizu.

← Previous 1 3 4