1. chanandre's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

[Opens 4 Y E A R S after its worldwide release - thank you Portuguese distributors #Ironia]

2. Zach Closs's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

Affecting. It meanders and wears its heart on its sleeve, much as the coveted "Deer Hunter" did; Cooper is clearly riffing on Cimino. It's also got that film's desaturated, blue-collar charisma and a cast of a-listers sinking comfortably into roles practically written for them. Structural confidence is lacking, but if a grim, recession-charged crime thriller is your jam (it is, or it isn't), you'll really dig it.

3. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

My favorite movie of 2013. So underrated. The cast is one of the best I ever saw. A near perfect indie movie.

4. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

What is the furnace: The Iraq War Trauma? The closing Mill? The dead-end Bush Administration Policy? The violence in prison? The grief over the lost love? The lack of future; hopelessness? All of it? Too many ambitions... Unfortunately, at the end, it lacks the gravitas to carry off any of them properly. And, at a certain point, the movie turns out way too predictable & jejune. Disappointing. Wasted potential.

5. Dorian Darke's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

You mess with these inbreds, you'll come crawling back, if you're lucky.

6. Rugpjute's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

very much justice very much America

7. Thomas's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

Gritty, stark, but a little too earnest in tone. Could have benefited from some humour and heart.

8. rachel collier's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

So dirty. I would film in all of these locations.

9. Elena Lazic's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

Completely baffled by the average ratings this is getting. It's an exceptionally beautiful, moving, and genuine film that reminded me of gems from the 70s when real actors were more or less the norm - does no one realise how incredible the cast here is? The whole film is one long 'Oscar moment'; had there been one demarcated scene screaming "watch that performance!", I'm sure people would have been all over it.

10. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

11. Luca Taurini's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

Fotografia e colonna sonora impeccabili, peccato per il livello appena sufficiente della regia.

12. film_lies101's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

Shares themes with 'Killing Them Softly' but without the overblown preachiness

13. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

Buon film di Cooper,che non raggiunge i livelli di "crazy hearts",ma conferma di girare in modo solido e con cornici e sottofondi sempre azzeccati.Mi è piaciuto molto il montaggio alternato tra la scena di caccia e la scena di combattimento,mentre il finale è abbastanza sbrigativo e ridondante.Comunque una buona conferma. Harryson grandioso.

14. Graham Ball's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

I liked this film, I really did, but I wanted to like it so much more...

15. runfromfire's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

I dig the rundown mill town feel of the flick and it was well-acted all-around but what was up with Forest Whitaker's voice?

16. Válter Venâncio's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

"You got a problem with me? I got a problem with everybody."

17. Jim Cee's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

Do not mess with these men. In real life.

18. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

19. Matt Parks's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

Basically pretty good, but rushed. Woulda shoulda coulda let this marinate in the crumbling steel town atmosphere a bit longer.

20. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

Like "Crash" for hillfolk. YOU JUST WOULDN'T GET IT UNLESS YOU SUFFERED IN THE MINES OR WHATEVER POP! AHHHHHHH YELLLING! I WISH I WAS "THE DEER HUNTER!" WHY CAN'T I BE "THE DEER HUNTER!?"

21. tapdiq's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

22. luckipucki's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

23. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

It could have been a powerful commentary of the sad state of post-industrial America in the age of Neoliberalism, but it is just a sad excuse for an insipid Western movie.

24. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Out of the Furnace

Might not have been brilliant or fresh, but the film haunts us for a while due to its direct, fearless, and relentless approach. Full Review: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/12/out-of-furnace-2013.html