1. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Outland

Despite often being compared to High Noon, Outland feels less like that western aside from some slight similarities in its final 40 minutes, and more akin to a post-Watergate conspiracy thriller with sci-fi elements. It focuses more on the quasi-bland action/thrills, and an investigative element throughout, rather than dramatic depth or full-bore, social-political analysis. Still, it's a semi-noble genre-blender.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Outland

>>> Western sidéral, quelquefois sidérant, parfaitement maîtrisé, qui malgré l'anticipation du scénario est parfaitement assimilable, transposable à notre réalité quotidienne du 21eme siècle... www.cinefiches.com

3. Ale/M's rating of the film Outland

4. east1999's rating of the film Outland

Like 2010, nice, sometimes "affective" color schemes in the light+set designs. Sterile otherwise.

5. J. O.'s rating of the film Outland

A stubborn marshal begins a bloody feud with a drug trafficking ring that has infiltrated the top ranks of an interplanetary mining company. What's not to love? A violent, atmospheric adaptation of a classic western. In short, it is tense. Complete with gritty, retro-futuristic sets and a haunting soundtrack this is a sci-fi oater to revisit again and again. Connery delivers shotgun justice, in space.

6. anarresti's rating of the film Outland

(Spoiler) In a way, I dare say this is like a mining planet sci-fi version of The Name of The Rose. And with Sean Connery, too, in the leading role. Detractors of this view will say that Outland was released 5 years earlier and that it has nothing to do with religion. Well, sci-fi is often prophetic. And both movies tell a story of the impossible fight of a man against the establishment. And he does win, by losing.

7. Keith Fletcher's rating of the film Outland

High Noon in space. Great widescreen compositions and special effects. Quite tense in the last act.

8. Caro_its's rating of the film Outland

Too bad that the spaceships are just an excuse, the story looks pretty classic for me. Anyway I like the fact that this community made a new life in the space, and I'm glad I watched a Sean Connery's movie I hadn't seen.

9. Samuel B. Prime's rating of the film Outland

Why does nobody talk about OUTLAND? A man separated from his family, all but marooned on a space colony with only a single ally, forced because of his strong moral character to overcome what seems an insurmountable obstacle: a ruthless drug-trafficking ring that goes all the way to the top. Sean Connery, Peter Boyle, and more. I loved this movie and am determined to show it to others.

10. Johnny K's rating of the film Outland

Probably the only film by director Peter Hyams that is worth mentioning. The film is okay for most parts before the incredibly dumb third act involving two hitmen who are hardly convincible as THE BEST in their profession.

11. M_W's rating of the film Outland

12. Sean's rating of the film Outland

t's like a western/thriller in space, I was really impressed with this film, there are some great scenes here and some decent acting espeically from Connery. Hyams early films show how great of a visionary director he was, I think that this is probably his best film. Majorly impressed with this film.

13. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film Outland

14. Wipeoutt31's rating of the film Outland

Saw this for the first time week ago. Interesting, but not great. Man that opening title card sequence is way too long.

15. Mugino's rating of the film Outland

The friendship between the crusty Dr. Lazarus (love Frances Sternhagen!) and O'Neil keeps bringing me back to this film. And it's a relief when sci-fi proves that it doesn't have to resort to battling spaceships or menacing space aliens in its vision of the future. It's not a masterpiece or even a great film, but an enjoyable diversion that I've stuck by since I was a kid.

16. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Outland

Bland sci-fi adventure is an attempt at a sci-fi western, but is really just a dull detective story in its first half and a dopey action film in the second, with most of the cast sleepwalking through their roles. There are some decent special effects and a solid, driving score by Jerry Goldsmith, but the cinematography is overly dark and murky and the production design is very derivative of 'Alien'.