1. novanindro's rating of the film Outrage

kitano answer for korean gangtster,still need to wait the sequel ripped

2. Francesco Maria Carreri's rating of the film Outrage

fuck sonatine, hana bi etc. this is a real masterpiece, comparable only to violent cop

3. Ari Dassa's rating of the film Outrage

pretty much a masterclass in writing, structure and editing. Another instant classic by one of the kings of the Yakuza film and one of the finest directors in Japanese cinema of the past two decades. Ranks high in Kitano's filmography for me.

4. Emil Danger Karim's rating of the film Outrage

Pretty entertaining film. Studied it in my Japanese film class; the discussion we had surrounding the film enhanced and affirmed my appreciation of the film. pretty masterful writing on display here with lots of interesting themes; particularly the one involving the placement of the Yakuza in everyday Japanese culture, which is touched on pretty prominently in this film. Reccommended.

5. beat_seth's rating of the film Outrage

Not a 'real' Kitano movie, but for a yakuza genre movie its still okay.

6. Victor-André's rating of the film Outrage

7. bencor's rating of the film Outrage

my favorite part is the WarnerBros. logo at the beginning. anyone making negative comments about this film is out of touch! TROLL RIGHT!

8. HKFanatic's rating of the film Outrage

I dare say this was nearly a perfect Yakuza movie, but for the poorly acted and borderline-racist Gbannan ambassador subplot. Otherwise, much like Takashi Miike's "13 Assassins," this film represents a master filmmaker working at the peak of their powers in a commercial mode. "Outrage" is gorgeously lit, fast-paced, and replete with moments of shocking violence. Fans of Asian cinema should not miss it.

9. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Outrage

A fair amount of well executed (so to speak) violence in a well made but routine yakuza film.

10. Jackpantalones's rating of the film Outrage

Supposedly he was forced to make this after his string of more personal films didn't set the box office aflame. Hence this deadpan attack on the yakuza genre, really just an absurd (and tedious) series of offenses and reprisals. Oddly, it plays something like a Japanese equivalent of Larry Bishop's famously bad gangster oddity "Mad Dog Time."

11. Joshua Dysart's rating of the film Outrage

Far from his best work, but as always, his sense of timing is so muted yet somehow so unexpectedly funny, his rigid formalism so amazingly cool and collected, his photography so tight and rich, and his acting so dead pan yet so profoundly watchable that it’s impossible not to enjoy it. (Beware of the borderline racist portrayal of an African diplomat in a tired subplot).

12. Mugino's rating of the film Outrage

Never bad, never boring, but not much of a stretch for Kitano. The transitioning of power to the younger generation of yakuza seems like a passing of the genre baton to younger performers like Ryo Kase, Kippei Shiina, and Tokio Emoto who each make their mark in the film. Whether by studio coercion or a deliberate effort at selling out, we should be so lucky if all mainstream cinema were half as interesting.

13. Marcus Killerby's rating of the film Outrage

Absolutely amazing. Kitano has come along way, even from his greats like Sonatine and Hana-Bi. One of the best films I have seen this year. Beautifully made. The fact that it has no real discernible plot never gets in the way. 4/5 but may make it's way up to 5/5 with another viewing.

14. flobota's rating of the film Outrage

yakuzas with anger management problems. awesome!

15. brown's rating of the film Outrage

Back to familiar territory. Nothing that original, but much better than his recent fare.

16. Tyler Aikens's rating of the film Outrage

Overly convoluted and packed with senseless and boring violence. Some say Kitano was simply spoofing the yakuza films he is so well known for after International critics belittled his more artsy endeavors, but he could have at least made it entertaining!

17. Yass's rating of the film Outrage

Back to the Yakuzas ! Really complicated but worth it.

18. Alan Edit's rating of the film Outrage

Japanese men arguing in rooms is funny. Kitano knows this, so he takes a shit on the genre, exposes it's limitations.

19. Canonalan's rating of the film Outrage

probably the worst Kitano film.

20. Benzu's rating of the film Outrage

yakuza films very much interest me...this one is brutal in so many ways....just shows the life of a gangster overall just sucks...

21. Loup Julien's rating of the film Outrage

Great Kitano's Yakuza movie... Long time no see Yakuza Eiga movie, and this one make me feel excited!!! It gave me the strenght to re-watch all kitano's movie i ever seen like Kids Return, Sonatine etc... Probably a little too long about his developpement but it was cold, violent and some of black humor !! I can't wait his next ;)

22. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Outrage

23. ryan's rating of the film Outrage

Ignoring the awkward sequences in English and the fact that Japanese humor is unabashedly racist (why is the African ambassador a drug trafficker?), this movie is fun times. The story is merely a vehicle for classic Kitano violence.

24. Scott Baker's rating of the film Outrage

saw the premiere at Cannes, Kitano was there. Awesomely brutal film. If you like violence and creative ways to kill people, this one's for you.