1. Superfrog's rating of the film Over the Years

Great format for the story of our times. Of normal people who do what needs to be done and get left on the side. Sadly could not see the last 30 minutes but the rest was a solid performance, with suitable format for the message and sometimes brilliant photography. Impressed by the impact of inserted black cuts.

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Over the Years

The Austrian equivalent, perhaps, of Hank Hill with his propane and propane accessories. Imagine if "as dull as ditch water" was a positive, affirmative, even celebratory description. Geyrhalter is a wizard in his ability to make the humdrum interesting, even scintillating. And it's not just how human drama plays out upon faces, it's the materialist praxis too! Sit with the boredom until it creeps into the sublime.

3. David R Williams's rating of the film Over the Years

The decline and fall of the industrial revolution.

4. panagiotatos's rating of the film Over the Years

5. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Over the Years

(2.5 stars) Painfully dull, but well shot.

6. captainfez's rating of the film Over the Years

Much better than the term "Austrian textiles documentary" would suggest.

7. G.'s rating of the film Over the Years

If Wes Anderson made documentaries...

8. nica's rating of the film Over the Years

I love it when I can feel the filmmakers' care for their subjects, and with this film I found myself developing this relationship with the people in it as well. There's something beautiful about experiencing all of that. This is one of the easiest 3 hours I've had viewing a film, and I definitely appreciate the amount of time the filmmakers devoted to it as well.

9. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Over the Years

A documentary filmed over a ten year period, this shows the effect of an economic downturn on various inhabitants of a relatively small town. What could be dull and repetitive becomes engrossing and engaging as viewers become attached to certain characters, watching how their lives unfold, and understanding how the minor pleasures can become important frameworks of support.

10. johnstr's rating of the film Over the Years

A truly haunting and immersive documentary. I am very sad that it is not currently available on dvd. Any Geyrhalter film is worth seeking out.

11. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Over the Years

Excellent. It really didn't feel like it was 3 hours long. In fact I may go back and watch it again, to remind myself how people were at the start. Looking at the lives of a few people over 10 years, all starting in the same run down factory. Their employment, their unemployment, their dogs, their gardens, things that matter to them. Mundane beauty. Fascinating. Yes, back to the beginning for me.

12. Carl Gornitzki's rating of the film Over the Years

13. shalini14.utest's rating of the film Over the Years

14. Neil Hunter's rating of the film Over the Years

I love this film-maker. Having admired Our Daily Bread and Homo Sapiens, I was grateful to MUBI for offering this. It asks for your patience, and rewards it in spades. A beautiful human document, that just gets more and more moving as it goes on.

15. Gavin Erickson's rating of the film Over the Years

Wow that was intimate. The struggle of everyday life, and the tedium, everyone in this seemed desperately ordinary, and since they were so true to their experience, somehow spiritual.

16. Ankush Samant's rating of the film Over the Years

There is a beauty hidden in those 188 minutes of this marvel. You might not be able to watch it in one go; but as a matter of fact, how can you think of understanding life in one sitting?

17. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Over the Years

4.5. Geyrhalter mi regalerà solo soddisfazioni, l'ho capito (ringrazio infinitamente il mio amico che ha mubi a pagamento, io sono troppo pigro e povero per spendere 6 euro per un ottimo servizio).

18. affasf's rating of the film Over the Years

Snooze fest. How he went so down is beyond me.

19. AugusteB's rating of the film Over the Years

Besides many other things also a film about men spending their life with their mothers.