1. Salvador Amores's rating of the film Oxhide II

it's good but it's not oxhide 1

2. Feng Ling's rating of the film Oxhide II

Ever since I learned about the strange Western(?) practice about time capsules, I've wondered what kind of things should ppl put in them... You don't want carefully constructed items not representative of the culture, nor any mass produced junk... But now! this home video is a perfect candidate! As one of your average Chinese growing up in the 90s, I'm pretty sure j'ai déjà vu. Time to finally learn how to dumpling.

3. naokoken's rating of the film Oxhide II

7 fixed camera angles and a continuous single take of a father, mother and daughter preparing dumplings for dinner. No soundtrack, just them talking. "How should I chop the chives? Each bit should be the same length as the width of the leaf. How you can you use chives as a reference for chopping chives? You've got a point." Very unassuming. Quietly beautiful.

4. El Biffo's rating of the film Oxhide II

"This is how we make dumplings in this house."

5. David R Williams's rating of the film Oxhide II

The cinema of real life. You either have the ability to appreciate it or you do not. Films of this type force the audience to not just look but to see. For those who do, there are many small pleasures to be found.

6. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film Oxhide II

brilliant, but only a proof in concept.

7. Dan's rating of the film Oxhide II

this is as much cinema, as a blue line on white canvas is art. The best part of this film is reading other people rave about how great this 'film' is. Set up some cameras around your house randomly, edit them together. Congrats you are now worthy of 4.3 stars on Mubi. Film like this are why I don't trust anyone's reviews on this site.

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Oxhide II

A trip round the table, implying many other tables, and their slow-motion catastrophes.

9. Leslie Tai's rating of the film Oxhide II

Not sure if it's really good or not, whether it's because I liked Oxhide I or because of all the Hype! I did watch it with great pleasure. And whatever it gave will linger.

10. Silke Neryn's rating of the film Oxhide II

Fitfty-nine plus fourteen equals seventy-three.

11. Ben Loory's rating of the film Oxhide II

12. saitosouta's rating of the film Oxhide II

☾☾☾☾ ☽☾☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☾☾☾☾ ☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☾☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☾☾☾☾ ☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☽☽☽☾☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽☾☾☾☾ ☾☾☾☾ ☽☽☾☾☾☾ ☽←Instead of star, I give many many Jiaozi (look like?)

13. Haibei's rating of the film Oxhide II

Craving for dumplings right now...it's killing me.

14. Anna's rating of the film Oxhide II

Touching in the most humble, unextravagant way. 'Family' not as dramatic phrases or loopy conflicts or "son, we just want you to be happy" endings. Family as everyday moments in life, little moments like making dumplings that flow by way too quickly in this short lifespan of ours.

15. Michael Goetz's rating of the film Oxhide II

I must say, I began this movie with the utmost trepidation, but oh my goodness, what a revelation! Director Liu has invented a mode that I can only think to call "humanist rigor". It's Akerman's absolute precision of technique but infused with such warmth and detail to create a completely moving family portrait. I loved these people and could have watched them being themselves all day. Unique aesthetic experience.

16. kampton's rating of the film Oxhide II

Fantastic! So much life in such a simple film. The genius was in seeing it before she filmed it and then allowing it to unfold. The table alone told a hell of a story.

17. AugusteB's rating of the film Oxhide II

Amazing concept. Sometimes a bit boring but maybe that is part of the deal.

18. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Oxhide II

Utterly talentless Chinese woman cashes in on the current fashionable anything-can-be-art mindset of those devoid of standards and taste by fobbing off her home movies as minimalist masterpiece. Because we're all supposed to decry the pleasures of cinema - photography, editing, event and the like - while masochistically embracing "anti-cinema." Pas pour moi! Doubt I'll ever see Oxhide III: The Family Does the Dishes.

19. joey Noodles's rating of the film Oxhide II

When I first heard of this film I thought it sounded like a real patience test, understandably so, 133 minutes made up of only 9 static takes may sound that way but this is quite the opposite. It's monumental cinema, rarely have I ever felt the presence of human beings and their little quirks and personalities so strongly in a film. Tradition, preparation and humanity, it's one of the finest I've seen in a while. 5/5

20. Melissa V's rating of the film Oxhide II

You become so close with all of the characters in such a short amount of time, as if you've known them forever. So intimate and unconventional....fantastic.

21. Aflwydd's rating of the film Oxhide II

I've never eaten dumplings before :(

22. Mike Spence's rating of the film Oxhide II

I will be eating dumplings tonight. This movie is...exceptional . It's a very different film in every way from the first one. My first reaction would be to say it's better but I love both and look forward to revisiting them many times like old friends.

23. Kevin Lee's rating of the film Oxhide II

OXHIDE and OXHIDE II are available in the US through dGenerate Films: http://dgeneratefilms.com/catalog/oxhide-ii-niu-pi-ii/

24. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film Oxhide II

I ate a full meal before I went to the screening and I still felt hungry by the end of the movie. They even served dumplings before the screening. Ni hao ma, 3D bitches?