1. chanandre's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

[Cinémathèque PT - 35mm] (2017) You wait a lifetime for this, you postpone vacation plans and then you're underwhelmed. Darn :(

2. Blumes's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

Jack Cardiff soars. Great quirks abound. How fun, how pretty, how slight and funny.

3. marco's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

forgotten films of the classic era

4. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

4.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2vG

5. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

6. wildisthewind's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

7. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

Un melodrama mítico sobre un condenado y una mujer de un inmenso vacío sentimental. Ambos serán complementos, parte de un vaticinio trágico. Lewin crea una historia evocativa, como si la realidad misma, al chocar con esa leyenda sobre un errante, también se hubiera contaminado de esa fantasía. Lo más provocativo del filme, sin embargo, es el efecto visual que le brinda a la imagen. Profundidad de campo, montaje.

8. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

A kind of UFO in the Hollywood sky of the 50's. Too intellectual, too beautiful, too intriguing, too ... much. Masterpiece.

9. Rodrigo Luna's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

10. Lightintodark's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

Hendrik:"Discontentment often finds vent through malice and destruction. "

11. Anastasia's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

I've never even heard of this film, and with James Mason as the lead, I can't believe it! I must see it now...

12. Matt Parks's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

Coming to Blu ray from Kino in August.

13. Trevor's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

Hypnotic, beautiful and strange. I don't know if I've ever seen the color blue used so startlingly and pervasive in Technicolor. Not perfect, but this fever dream of a movie benefits from its flaws, making everything seem like it's in a strange and unsettling trance. Some truly unforgettable imagery.

14. An's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

The three stars are for Ava Gardner in technicolor and beautiful set design which somehow get me through an awful plot.

15. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

do you like matryoshka-doll-structured narratives? voila!

16. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

A finely crafted, fantasy-tinged romantic drama headlined by the star presence of Eva Gardner and James Mason, as well as the simply stunning Technicolor cinematography by the legendary Jack Cardiff. Really a kind of strange film for its era, with its unique combination of myth and melodrama, and undoubtedly a classic.

17. apexa's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

A touchstone of technicolor magic but ultimately an underwhelming film. Ava should have been in technicolor always.

18. Erik Gregersen's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

A deserted ship. Bullfighting by moonlight. A jazz band playing on a beach among ancient statues. The world land speed record. A poet committing suicide in a cafe. A mysterious painting. Truly dreamlike. I can't wait to see some more Lewin films. (Also it seems that fans of this movie might like Lawrence Durrell's book about Corfu, Prospero's Cell.)

19. Dave's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

Went into this hoping to see an overlooked masterpiece, instead saw a film that is good but that could remain overlooked for a majority of people without depriving them. Still, I do like it.

20. Acerk21's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

This film will cast a spell on you...I don't think I've ever seen a more mesmerizing, timeless, elegant or romantic film. Very underrated and Ava's never looked more beautiful.

21. Elisa's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

A bit strange yet ethereal at the same time, is the best way to describe this film.

22. a Smith's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

I agree with Ally and Tobin. This seemed like it wanted to be an Archers film, particularly the mentioned Red Shoes (with the modern-day adaptation of folk lore, the Marius Goring cameo, and even Cardiff behind the camera), but it lacks the daring of that film, mistaking that movie's exaggerations as a flourishes to mimic (if more quietly) rather than expressions of inherent ideas. The BD is nice, but not pristine.

23. Ally the Manic Listmaker's rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

A very strange film that perhaps does not live up to the "hype". However, I have to admit it was interesting, worth watching, and ahead of its time.

24. Tobin.'s rating of the film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

jack cardiff's camera work is BRILLIANT!