1. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Artículo ("Kane3"): http://www.carlostejeda.com/2006_11_23_archive.html

2. George Harvey Bone's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Add Louise Brooks to Pabst's direction and you get perfection.

3. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Is a dangerous creation / When you fail the test of time. Indonesian review : http://cinemaudy.blogspot.co.id/2017/06/pandoras-box-1929-tragedi-seorang-lulu.html

4. mubianer's rating of the film Pandora's Box

This is among the better silent films I have seen, only The Wind beats it perhaps (I must watch more silent films as they teach you that film is mostly a visual medium, something modern filmmakers tend to forget). Favourite scene: The salvation army marching through foggy London at Christmas.

5. Nikita Rasskazov's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Classical film which was overlooked by contemporaries. A powerful comment on the nature of sexuality and its impact on modern society. Expressive cinematography at its peak, especially close-ups and interior shots, which are beyond anything. And Lulu became a major influence on the feminist imagery.

6. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Pandora's Box

If pressed to pick a film which truly represents many of cinema's key strengths as a medium, this would be it. Brooks is remarkable, but Pabst's directing is the real star. The air, as if by magic, pushing up Lulu's veil, the way human bodies block the visibility of a gunshot, smoke rising before us like a warm spirit. Fragmented bodies, abstracted hands, Pabst predicting Bresson's maneuvers. The ending is perfect.

7. James Mackin's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box is her box, and it leads her to a crazy ending. Don't go having all the sex kids.

8. Aardsy's rating of the film Pandora's Box

I think we'd all kill for Lulu.

9. Lauren Burrell's rating of the film Pandora's Box

10. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Acts 2 & 3 are a trial, but after that it has something of the wrenching yet vaguely farcical feel of 'Requiem For a Dream' in that it becomes a melodramatic descent into death and despair... but then the tawdriness of it all is elevated by a suddenly beautiful last 10 minutes that is moving in unexpected, confusing ways. I think one's enjoyment of the film is pretty contingent upon how much one <3 Louise Brooks.

11. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Pandora's Box

This seemed deeper on a recent re-viewing-- madness, violence hover in the air, and eventually settle on a victim.

12. Dignan's rating of the film Pandora's Box

13. SpacePirate's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Oh Louise. Can you hop in a time machine and marry me plz?

14. francine's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Compelled to include this as my first pick. The classic that first drew me to the enticing Brooksie. Not surprising that it aligns with my fascination with Jack the Ripper. A delirious film.

15. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Pandora's Box

16. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Pandora's Box

"'We are SMART cinephiles!'" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/12/episode-82-cinema-masters-vol-xi.html

17. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Pandora's Box

I bet Lars von Trier loves this film. It has a feminist discourse but-not-in-the-way-you-would-expect. Oh, and the 8th act is really beautiful. I'll work in a detailed analysis if I feel into it.

18. Charles Coleman's rating of the film Pandora's Box

19. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Pandora's Box

20. pepoire's rating of the film Pandora's Box

COUNTESS GESCHWITZ. Let me mention her first, because not many do, though her character is frankly way more interesting than that of Lulu. Of course this is a great, well-made film, and story complaints belong mostly with Wedekind, but still, it ranks as one of the most regressive silents I've seen in a long time. Funnily, Jessner's more symbolic and minimal approach to the same story made Erdgeist easier to stomach.

21. Videograms's rating of the film Pandora's Box

22. Rocco's rating of the film Pandora's Box

There's nothing to say, really. You just get it or you don't.

23. Aida's rating of the film Pandora's Box

louise brooks man! louise brooks!!! a vehicle for her babliness.

24. hazal ilbay's rating of the film Pandora's Box