1. Black Irish's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Silent filmmaking reached its apotheosis in the visages of Falconetti and Brooks.

2. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Her wantonness was what hooked me. That, and her beauty.

3. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Who'd have thought a silent film could beat opera at its own game? A series of tableaux descending into sexual hell, Pandora's Box remains immensely complex the closer you study the little gestures. Louise Brooks is vivacious, promiscuous, oblivious, and sometimes manipulative, and gathers a circle of admirers accordingly. But the spirit of her presence makes it impossible to see her as anything other than innocent.

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Pandora's Box

She captivated a nation. They set her free from a wrongful conviction. A thoroughly modern Millie. But a woman cannot live by man's rules. She must have a downfall. Ms. Brooks was unconventional as well. Hollywood didn't like that, and so she got serious material overseas.

5. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Artículo ("Kane3"): http://www.carlostejeda.com/2006_11_23_archive.html

6. George Harvey Bone's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Add Louise Brooks to Pabst's direction and you get perfection.

7. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Is a dangerous creation / When you fail the test of time. Indonesian review : http://cinemaudy.blogspot.co.id/2017/06/pandoras-box-1929-tragedi-seorang-lulu.html

8. mubianer's rating of the film Pandora's Box

This is among the better silent films I have seen, only The Wind beats it perhaps (I must watch more silent films as they teach you that film is mostly a visual medium, something modern filmmakers tend to forget). Favourite scene: The salvation army marching through foggy London at Christmas.

9. Nikita Rasskazov's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Classical film which was overlooked by contemporaries. A powerful comment on the nature of sexuality and its impact on modern society. Expressive cinematography at its peak, especially close-ups and interior shots, which are beyond anything. And Lulu became a major influence on the feminist imagery.

10. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Pandora's Box

If pressed to pick a film which truly represents many of cinema's key strengths as a medium, this would be it. Brooks is remarkable, but Pabst's directing is the real star. The air, as if by magic, pushing up Lulu's veil, the way human bodies block the visibility of a gunshot, smoke rising before us like a warm spirit. Fragmented bodies, abstracted hands, Pabst predicting Bresson's maneuvers. The ending is perfect.

11. James Mackin's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box is her box, and it leads her to a crazy ending. Don't go having all the sex kids.

12. Aardsy's rating of the film Pandora's Box

I think we'd all kill for Lulu.

13. Lauren Burrell's rating of the film Pandora's Box

14. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Acts 2 & 3 are a trial, but after that it has something of the wrenching yet vaguely farcical feel of 'Requiem For a Dream' in that it becomes a melodramatic descent into death and despair... but then the tawdriness of it all is elevated by a suddenly beautiful last 10 minutes that is moving in unexpected, confusing ways. I think one's enjoyment of the film is pretty contingent upon how much one <3 Louise Brooks.

15. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Pandora's Box

This seemed deeper on a recent re-viewing-- madness, violence hover in the air, and eventually settle on a victim.

16. Dignan's rating of the film Pandora's Box

17. SpacePirate's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Oh Louise. Can you hop in a time machine and marry me plz?

18. francine's rating of the film Pandora's Box

Compelled to include this as my first pick. The classic that first drew me to the enticing Brooksie. Not surprising that it aligns with my fascination with Jack the Ripper. A delirious film.

19. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Pandora's Box

20. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Pandora's Box

"'We are SMART cinephiles!'" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/12/episode-82-cinema-masters-vol-xi.html

21. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Pandora's Box

I bet Lars von Trier loves this film. It has a feminist discourse but-not-in-the-way-you-would-expect. Oh, and the 8th act is really beautiful. I'll work in a detailed analysis if I feel into it.

22. Charles Coleman's rating of the film Pandora's Box

23. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Pandora's Box

24. pepoire's rating of the film Pandora's Box

COUNTESS GESCHWITZ. Let me mention her first, because not many do, though her character is frankly way more interesting than that of Lulu. Of course this is a great, well-made film, and story complaints belong mostly with Wedekind, but still, it ranks as one of the most regressive silents I've seen in a long time. Funnily, Jessner's more symbolic and minimal approach to the same story made Erdgeist easier to stomach.