1. Camille Javal's rating of the film Parabellum

A dystopic movie, where the violence is not in to your face, but still gives you the chills. Loved the sober cinematography.

2. Vedra's rating of the film Parabellum

It's interesting to see fighting movements without 'proper' contexts. When the violence is taken out of its context, universalized and staged, it becomes an art practice, or even a status of being

3. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film Parabellum

Parabellum left me confused and puzzled. I don't know whether to think it is a genius or absolute nonsense. Good cinematography but the script is whether too smart or wasn't worked through just enough. However, I feel there is something in it.

4. Luke Andrews's rating of the film Parabellum

It's a good job that Parabellum only runs for little over an hour. The film delivers as little as the un-developed characters.

5. Nick's rating of the film Parabellum

Excellent cinematography and the tone and setting really works. Unfortunately there is little else engaging. The premise has a lot of potential but it's not really taken anywhere interesting.

6. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Parabellum

I quite liked the basic premise of turning apocalypse preparation into something mundane, but actually that adjective probably sums up the film as a whole. My biggest problem is that I suspect we are supposed to think there's something more to this film than meets the eye, meaning it is not only dull but pretentious as well. Disappointing.

7. DrFirestone's rating of the film Parabellum

The concept is very promising, the apocalypse kept out of frame, we only see a glimpse of it. What we get is basically a survival camp, we get to know a bunch of casual people. The dialogue is absolutely minimal, so is music, which is great and adds to the mood. It's hard to connect, understand or care about the characters in this film. Somehow I felt like watching random fragments from Big Brother in slow-mo..

8. JOHN ATHERTON's rating of the film Parabellum

So many sub plots would surely happen, but in this film - No. Depressing if human life were to based on such survivors.

9. raggiodisole's rating of the film Parabellum

Argentinian refugees from death rat-race go all Kurtz down in the delta. Not your average fun, but a cool study of how to survive the apocalypse

10. Graham Ball's rating of the film Parabellum

Minimalism and nihilism (with a big wrap around of apocalyptic themes tying it all together) made for a good Argentine stab at "Heneke style" South American cinema. I don't think I would be wrong in saying this film wore its Austrian influences firmly on its sleeve. That said, well done and another affirmation that intelligent indie cinema can out do big budget effects driven films on these subjects/ themes!

11. SMCC100's rating of the film Parabellum

The end of the world will be a conversation free zone it seems...

12. matdd3's rating of the film Parabellum

Cold, thoughtful, peaceful. I enjoyed it but be prepared for a slow 75 minutes if don't like long near-silent film. The sound design does a lot of the work here over the script or cinematography. The cinematography itself is bleak, overcast but also attractive. Long, wide takes that feel more invitational than loaded. A film that's more interesting the more you contemplate it.

13. swamiJ's rating of the film Parabellum

One for Sound designers! - Enjoyed watching this, slightly self-conscious, art-house film. Slightly Goddardesque eavesdropping on the actors (like the radio scene in '2 or 3 things'), Wes Anderson-like humorous classical framing. Amazing wealth of soundscapes: listening to the various perspectives of the jungle sound world is well worth watching the film for! Sparse musical material also, but sensitively placed!

14. Phil Powell's rating of the film Parabellum

This film didn't really have much to say. I felt as though there was probably a lot going on beneath the surface, but with very little of it being communicated to the viewer, it was hard to maintain any interest. Looked nice, but there's not much more I can say about it.

15. Anakin's rating of the film Parabellum

Utter trousers. I was losing the will to live throughout this film and can only hope that I am one of the first victims of the apocalypse if this tedium is what befalls the survivors - Actually just kill me now, please.

16. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film Parabellum

Very strange and slow paced sci-fi independent Argentinian film. Almost with no dialogs, it still is a very interesting essay about a group of people preparing to the end of the world. Great cinematography.

17. Rose Baker's rating of the film Parabellum

This film evoked flickers of Apocalypse Now, even aspects of Wes Anderson's films. There is a light, human approach to doom from the cat shelter at the beginning to the camaraderie in camp. The mood is written on the characters' faces and they change as the film progresses. Subtle and simple.

18. Paul Relf's rating of the film Parabellum

19. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Parabellum

Heavy-duty Argentinean Nothing-Core!

20. The Heff's rating of the film Parabellum

An interesting take on the apocalyptic movie...it came across to me that learning to survive in such a situation prepares or leads you to embrace death more and, with the minimal dialogue between the survivalists, I think the main survival technique is 'trust no one'...worth a watch.

21. Cubewrangler's rating of the film Parabellum

Well, I liked it. Probably closer to 3 and a half. Reminds me of Tsai Ming-liang in it's lack of dialogue and economical camera moves (though this isn't as stationary as I Don't Want to Sleep Alone). Characters aren't as vivid though.

22. badblokebob's rating of the film Parabellum

Alfred Hitchcock once said said that "movies are real life with the boring parts cut out." Lukas Valenta Rinner's movie is the opposite of this in every respect: it isn't real life, which is fine, but he only left the boring parts in, which isn't.

23. Chris Smith's rating of the film Parabellum

Minimal and interestingly shot.Posed more questions than it answered which I'm guessing is the point.

24. Tom P's rating of the film Parabellum