1. FISCHER's rating of the film Parade

Pour notre part, on préfère toutefois les films de fiction du réalisateur ..... www.cinefiches.com

2. Egoisms's rating of the film Parade

His worst by far. I'd even suggest giving this a miss.

3. Renton47's rating of the film Parade

The antithesis of everything I stand for: juggling, audience participation, men pretending to ride horses, good old fashioned fun, people actually cruelly attempting to ride a mule. In other forms I might like the dissolution of everyday/performance audience/performer but with these stale routines I find it really unappealing...plus the mule.

4. James Mackin's rating of the film Parade

Jacques Tati hosts a circus. That's literally what this film is, there's no plot, it's just a circus show that was filmed. But if you like Tati, you'll probably get a kick out of it.

5. HSBilly's rating of the film Parade

the final works of tati just as the show is over, but there's child who still playing with toys, just like tati in my heart, always make me charmed.

6. Landen Celano's rating of the film Parade

Strange and unique and wonderful.

7. Marta Lopes Peres's rating of the film Parade

I don't really get why this film has such a low rating. Tati deconstructs the whole concept of the circus, metaphorically showing that inside all of us is at least a bit of a clown. In a good sense! I found the film to be very entertaining, simple, humble but downright masterful. With a lot of hints from his previous films. It's no wonder he was and continues to be an inspiration for comedians around the world.

8. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Parade

9. JM M----'s rating of the film Parade

It's Tati, but not Tati at his greatest. Not too much cinema in this film but some nice moments. A nice love letter to performance.

10. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Parade

Surprised this has such a low rating! Yes, I suppose it's not really a proper "film", but like Stop Making Sense, I'd be happy to have it play on a loop in the background of my life, for me to dip in and out of. You have to watch it the way you watch any Tati movie: observing how the little details express a fondness for human nature (the audience is part of the show). A lovely coda.

11. Brendan's rating of the film Parade

Severely underrated Tati. It's just as personally expressive, fun, and deceptively simple as his best works!

12. knockkneed's rating of the film Parade

13. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Parade

As a big fan of Jacques Tati, I'm glad I saw this film. However, it was a sheer disappointment. It is said that he was depressed at the end of his life and it kind of shows here. It was as if he was just putting it together without any heart or soul, which filled all of his other films. This one just seemed dead and I feel bad saying negative things about it because I know he was not in a good state making it. :(

14. Karthik's rating of the film Parade

I disagree with the comments below: this is a fantastic film! Yes, it doesn't have the virtuosic frame jammed with event of Playtime, or the signature rhythm and movement of M Hulot (which is never sth I have loved), but it is a thoroughly personal & achieved film by Tati. One that tries to distribute ("democritize" Tati would say though I don't know about that) perception away from the sacred center of Performance..

15. Rock and Bull's rating of the film Parade

Disappointing final film from Tati. It still has some good moments though. In theory this is the ideal Tati film, a movie about a circus and its audience. There are some perfect Tati moments that are ruined by bluntness. Seeing these makes you realize just how important the distance Tati keeps the camera from his subjects is. A lot of the film is like a straight documentary. Tati at his worst but I'm glad I saw it.

16. Gylfi's rating of the film Parade

Tati's last film is in my opinion also his weakest. It must have been a very personal project for him, showing us the place where he got started in the 1930s. But for me the film just doesn't have the same drive and confidence as his earlier work and ends up leaving almost nothing behind after viewing it. I liked some scenes in it and the nostalgia in the air but I don't see much replay value.

17. chanandre's rating of the film Parade